Which Hotel Should I Stay At?

chargers2011

I once spent a night in the Tai-Pan hotel, nice rooms, friendly staff, good locations to which you described, Benjakiti park just down the road but wouldn't suggest to walk it. It was 1200 bht then but check out their website. So Tai-Pan gets my vote

Bangkok Omni on soi 4 has one brms for about 1500 baht a night plus 100 baht for wifi...has big swimming pool and some kids play areas...walking distance from there down soi 4 to tobacco monopoly and Queen Sirikit park and of course soi 4 is full of bars, restaurants, and more nightlife than you may want. You can rent through management company there cheaper than via the front desk. try bangkokomni.com

Near Taipan, on Soi 23, Citadines is pretty nice, 1800/night. Ask for a non-smoking room in advance, if that's important. The 3rd floor reeked of cigarettes when a third party made my reservation, two weeks ago.

Good restaurant there, breakfast included.

Aspen Suites in Sukhumvit Soi 2, far enough down the Soi to be Totally quiet ! close enough to duck n weave if desired - huge 1 berdoom suites in the price range, free Tuk Tuk to Suk Rd, and has the Ploenchit Centre with supermarket on the corner with Suk Rd.

Tai-pan is owned (I believe) by Chuwit Kamsolvisit, who used to be Thailand's most successful brothel owner. This is rather reflected by the hotel's policy on gentlemen entertaining their by-the-hour girlfriends. Frankly, I was rather shocked by the number of ugly, old, fat farangs with their petite, dark-skinned Thai companions at breakfast on the sole occasion I stayed there. I won't be going back.

Tai-pan is owned (I believe) by Chuwit Kamsolvisit, who used to be Thailand's most successful brothel owner. This is rather reflected by the hotel's policy on gentlemen entertaining their by-the-hour girlfriends. Frankly, I was rather shocked by the number of ugly, old, fat farangs with their petite, dark-skinned Thai companions at breakfast on the sole occasion I stayed there. I won't be going back.

Their policy is to discourage the practice by charging a 600 Baht joiner fee.

Bangkok Omni on soi 4 has one brms for about 1500 baht a night plus 100 baht for wifi...has big swimming pool and some kids play areas...walking distance from there down soi 4 to tobacco monopoly and Queen Sirikit park and of course soi 4 is full of bars, restaurants, and more nightlife than you may want. You can rent through management company there cheaper than via the front desk. try bangkokomni.com

Bangkok Omni looks pretty good. Checked agoda.com and it's 1300/baht for a studio. Is it an easy walk to Lumphini Park or Benjakiti Park? I couldn't find Queen Sirikit park on the map.

Aspen Suites in Sukhumvit Soi 2, far enough down the Soi to be Totally quiet ! close enough to duck n weave if desired - huge 1 berdoom suites in the price range, free Tuk Tuk to Suk Rd, and has the Ploenchit Centre with supermarket on the corner with Suk Rd.

Aspen Suites look great, but can you walk to Lumphini Park from the hotel?

You would still have to go onto Soi 4 and Brnjakiti Park is much closer.

post-51760-0-88124500-1323312670_thumb.j

You would still have to go onto Soi 4 and Brnjakiti Park is much closer.

Thank you. I'll forget about Aspen Suites and I'll book at Omni Tower.

Aspen --> Lumpini is easy;

You walk up soi 2 towards Sukhumvit until you hit Ploenchit centre on your left hand,

you walk left through the path from where the cars arrives from the next road westwards

when you hit that road, make a left, walk down until you see the elevated pedestrian footbridge,

get up on that bridge and walk to the right/westwards,

takes you straight to lumpini park

easy walk/not far

alternatively;

walk down soi 2 all the way to the end,

there you will find a Christian church,

they have a gate in the fence leading onto the road mentioned above as

westwards of soi 2,

if you talk nicely with the guys in the church precinct they might open that

gate for you.

Edited by melvinmelvin