Visa Stamps

Page 4 of current US Tourist passport "This passport must not be altered or mutilated in any way. Alteration may make it invalid, and, if willful, may subject you to prosecution (Title 18, US Code Section 1543).

Am sure your passport has similar conditions.

Edited by lopburi3

Page 4 of current US Tourist passport "This passport must not be altered or mutilated in any way.  Alteration may make it invalid, and, if willful, may subject you to prosecution (Title 18, US Code Section 1543). 

Amazing what officials write without thinking.

Reading the above means it is illegal (by who's laws?) to put in a visa stamp at the airport etc.

And even worse, I hope you have never removed the TM.6 from your passport.

Making the assumption that the cambodian visa can be removed without marking the passport, ie it is stapled in or something, then go ahead.

Incidentally the UK passport says it "... should not be tampered with ...". Provided scotsman has a UK passport the authorities don't care much about the stamps/ lack of stamps in a passport. But don't use it to keep your shopping list on the observations page as a friend of mine used to do.

Page 4 of current US Tourist passport "This passport must not be altered or mutilated in any way.  Alteration may make it invalid, and, if willful, may subject you to prosecution (Title 18, US Code Section 1543). 

Amazing what officials write without thinking.

Reading the above means it is illegal (by who's laws?) to put in a visa stamp at the airport etc.

And even worse, I hope you have never removed the TM.6 from your passport.

Making the assumption that the cambodian visa can be removed without marking the passport, ie it is stapled in or something, then go ahead.

Incidentally the UK passport says it "... should not be tampered with ...". Provided scotsman has a UK passport the authorities don't care much about the stamps/ lack of stamps in a passport. But don't use it to keep your shopping list on the observations page as a friend of mine used to do.

Sorry but did not feel like typing the whole page - it goes on to say the obvious that authorized officials are allowed to do so.

The removal of any visa by other than an authorized official will probably make the passport invalid and is very likely to be noticed. The TM.6 is not a stamp or sticker and is designed to be removed. A visa is not.

If you do remove the visa, you will find remanence of the little green Cambodian stamp

round the edge. No immigration officer will touch that page, no matter how empty

it looks!! :o

hi could anyone tell me if there is any reason why i cant remove the old visa stamps from cambodia on my passport as its getting a bit full?  :o

Removal of any visa, stamp etc. will count as 'mutilation', not a good idea.

We wouldn't want to get stuck in Cambodia with a nice immigration man saying 'papers are not in order' would we.

Time for a new passport.

thank you for all your replys it was just a thought as i dont have mutch time back in the uk next vist to get a new one, also the cost of a new 10 year passport goes up on the 5th dec. I have 5 years left on my old one so as a scotsman i hate paying for a new one. :o