How To Obtain A Thai Pasport For My Half Thai Daughter

Carry

My daughter is born in Europe, due to problems obtaining a tourist visa for the father of the child, he was not able to legally recognize her at city hall in my home town.

So he is not on her birth certificate.

It would be possible to get his name on the birth certificate but therefor he needs to be in europe again and we're not.

Now we're planning on getting married, I wonder if there's any possibility getting our child a Thai passport without having to go back to my home country?

Since the fahter didn't legitimize the child and is not on the birth certificate, I presume the child doesn't have a Thai birth certificate. For a Thai passport the child will need a Thai birth certificate, which must be gotten from the Thai embassy in the country where the child was born, for which the fahter must be established as the child is Thai through the father.

It is not necesarry to go all the way to your home country for this, one can apply by mail or through the Thai foreign Ministry, department of consular affairs, nationality section. But the fahter must legitimeze the child. I would contact the consular section and see how to go about this.

(Normally the father would legitimize the child under Thai law if you two marry, but in this case the fahter is not mentioned on the birth certificate and you would still need to obtain a Thai birthcertificate, as with that the Thai government is notified of the birth of a Thai citizen).