Austrian Tourist Stabbed, Robbed By Phuket Youth Gang

Lite Beer

I hope the police send the bill for this mans hospital treatment and his damaged motorbike to these kids parents (as opposed to the victim or his insurance company). I'm sure that the parents when faced with a bill for a foreigner in ICU at Bangkok hospital and a foreigner motorbike rental repair bill. (even split four ways) will be more than a little annoyed and teach the kids the error of their ways.

Do you really think these kids know who their real parents are......Get a life....!

Most bar girls dont know who their biological parents are (expecially pa-pa) so its fair to say that soi punks wouldnt know either.

Phuket has a reputation for being populated with rich cashed up but unsavvy farang tourists much more so than cheap charlie Pattaya.

Farangs are sitting ducks in Phuket.

They should never have been so kind and generous after the tsunami in 2004. They made all farangs look soft and weak.:jap:

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just go on like this lovely Thailand and then nobody need to worry why the only tourism in Thailand will be the sex tourism!

I already now recommend friends....better fly to Malasia....more clean....nicer beaches...

Thailand needs a radiacl clean up!

It is such a shame what happens to the tourist because of 200 bath.

I would hang them along the road like 500 years before...such parasites are not worth to live among us.

Human rights my ass....is this human?

These "Youths" should not go to juvenile detention centers it does no good, they will only learn more from other inmates and even recruit softer boys to join them when they get out.

NO

What they should get is 100 lashings of the cane, forced to ride a motorbike at high speed and be pushed off then stabbed in the gut. then they "might" learn how it feels to be the victim.

Don't say I am crewel... The thugs are the crewel ones who should be taught a real lesson.

:blink:

BTW- I am not condoning any violence, I am stating a correctional method that should be adopted by the authorities.

Edited by newermonkey

WOW, and they did all this for 200THB to buy snacks !, and also during the day, is anywhere safe in Thailand now !

No the target is rather like a fruit machine, when you pull the handle sometimes you hit the jackpot but most times you only get a line of lemons. :huh:

The police, like in most places already 'know' (and sometimes employ) the usual suspects, usual street youth gangs here. So they just go to see who is 'missing' (hiding) from the group in question and they know that's who they should start looking for. A few questions here and there, they find kids with relevant street fight/assault type injuries and the truth comes out.

Thai police always have some sleeze bag/ ex-con kid working for them as the runner. It saves them the effort of doing any work themselves like getting search warrants - just get the kid to do the breaking in and searching. They'll also ask around their mates/ network who did it and where they are?

Edited by Chopperboy

Imagine the out cry and response if these young thugs picked on the wrong one and they ended up in intensive care.

There have always been two standards for Thai and Ferang and some things will never change, and as long as pockets get lined they never will.

Firstly, lets hope for a speedy recovery for the gent who has been a victim to this violence.

Secondly, I dont quite understand the 2 standards people speak of. I was attacked by a thai taxi driver in BKK after a minor vehicle accident (his fault mind you), so i defended myself and my daughter who was in the car at the time, and the police were more than helpful towards me. after some questioning, and witnessess statements, i was believed to be in the right to defend myself.no fine either. Even my extended Thai family agreed that i should at all costs defend myself if im in the right. May i remind others that Thailand is not the only place where thugs will rob or beat you. I do not condone violence, but i will forever defend myself and my family at any cost.

WOW, and they did all this for 200THB to buy snacks !, and also during the day, is anywhere safe in Thailand now !

Bangkok, considering the population of 11 million there is hardly ever a report of farang muggings.

What happened in Phuket is particularly worrisome considering it was in broad daylight and these guys stabbed to kill! It could have been any farang, just a roll of the dice. Phuket is overtaking pattaya as the number 1 crime hot spot, glad I dont live there

The BIB do all the mugging in Bangkok

I have seen quite a lot of Thailand over the last 5yrs, lived in Bangkok for the last 2yrs. Not one time have I ever felt Intimidated. Must say I have never been to Pucket.

jb1

jb1

Contrary to most comments here, I sincerely believe that it is in the police best interest to investigate these gang robberies. I am very confident that they will be p[punished. Problem is that there is no possibility to send their parents to jail. They might deserve the punishment as much as these boys.

what you talking ?!put the parents into the jail?!..if you make some shit wherever you from is impossible to punish the parents in this way :-) funny comments at here..it seems we have so many Thai versed people !

I hope the police send the bill for this mans hospital treatment and his damaged motorbike to these kids parents (as opposed to the victim or his insurance company). I'm sure that the parents when faced with a bill for a foreigner in ICU at Bangkok hospital and a foreigner motorbike rental repair bill. (even split four ways) will be more than a little annoyed and teach the kids the error of their ways.

i'm afraid you're dreaming :ermm:

Sad...but no suprise.

Phuket (and Pattaya) are world famous for crime, scams and police that can't clean things up.

Thailand should aim to build a sustainable, high-quality tourist industry, much like Malayisa has been doing over the past few years.

If the Thai authorities don't act, then soon Thailand will only have the tuk-tuks, sex trade and jet-ski scams.

I guess thats fine .... if you want to turn your daughters into prostitutes and your sons into petty thieves.

There's something going on. I have heared a few young people, about the same age as those who were arrested, saying recently: "I don't like farangs staying here". They were/are moving in groups. This was in Bangkok ... and they were speaking in Thai.

What are they using, social media, SMS?

Be careful everyone. They may also be encouraged by adults, or at least of what they hear at home.

I think it is a trend everywhere. Racism and xenophobia are also on the rise in European cities. I get forwarded mails with racist jokes about immigrants in Europe that would have not been in good taste only a few years ago.

We had incidents like this - minus the stabbing - in Pai, too. Every few years, new idiot teens grow up enough to do stupid things like that. It never lasts very long, and they're always caught. Sometimes they break into houses. One year they did the motorbike-robbing thing, which is particularly reckless as the tourists are prone to crashing their bikes which can result in serious injury.

The police in Thailand always knows who the criminals are - after all, that's how they get paid. So criminals that commit serious crimes for 200 baht are caught and dealt with. They don't make enough to pay the police, and they cause way more trouble than it's worth.

It's the tourist's fault, if he hadn't have been there it never would have happened.

Correct, absolutely 100% the tourists fault, he should have stayed home, Phuket, shit hole of Thailand.

Ow, ow, Austrian tourist to pay 15,000 ThB minimum for police investigation time, another 5,000 for disturbing doctors and 15,000 ThB for Thai Stabber's family for "loss of FACE" for being so stupidly being caught so easily. Oh, I forget another 12,000 ThB to pay for Burmese/Cambodian stand-in Patsys ... who will show up in Puket Court in 2-3 years. LOS!!

ph34r.gif

Imagine the out cry and response if these young thugs picked on the wrong one and they ended up in intensive care.

There have always been two standards for Thai and Ferang and some things will never change, and as long as pockets get lined they never will.

You are spot on. A farang defending himself will get a prison cell and deported.

I think this is the big problem here in LOS... more than crime- the consequence of defending oneself against such Thais.

I feel sorrow about this guy, but one think I cant understand that how can a 13 years old kick out the motorbike with a big guy causing a crash. The bike and the guy weighs up far over 200 kgs. I used to ride motorbikes, it is not that easy as described :o And also, I just cant believe that tiny thai boys fight down big white lads easily. ok ok, the knife..still gloomy to me :huh:

Some people have likely no sense of self-defence. And please, It is not a disdain to this guy, just speaking in general.

First the road there is paved, but narrow and steep, so the older 50+ driver a heavy guy was very slowly driving with his lightly powered small Motorbike and I would believe he is not so experienced in driving a Motorbike.

Not so difficult to bring him down and on the floor easy pray from 5 fast boys with a knive against one! Look the picture in the Hospital,

<<URL removed>>

he could probably with a good swing floor some of the boys, but he was surprised by the attack and he was nearly helpless on his back against 5 youngsters Mr.Rambo-garrya.rolleyes.gif

Edited by metisdead

I feel sorrow about this guy, but one think I cant understand that how can a 13 years old kick out the motorbike with a big guy causing a crash. The bike and the guy weighs up far over 200 kgs. I used to ride motorbikes, it is not that easy as described :o And also, I just cant believe that tiny thai boys fight down big white lads easily. ok ok, the knife..still gloomy to me :huh:

Some people have likely no sense of self-defence. And please, It is not a disdain to this guy, just speaking in general.

First the road there is paved, but narrow and steep, so the older 50+ driver a heavy guy was very slowly driving with his lightly powered small Motorbike and I would believe he is not so experienced in driving a Motorbike.

Not so difficult to bring him down and on the floor easy pray from 5 fast boys with a knive against one! Look the picture in the Hospital,

<<URL removed>>

he could probably with a good swing floor some of the boys, but he was surprised by the attack and he was nearly helpless on his back against 5 youngsters Mr.Rambo-garrya.rolleyes.gif

Not Rambo, but man with clue. An average thai boy at age 13 weighs 40-50 kgs maximum, probably 40 and about 150-160 cms tall or 5 foot . U could blow them easily after a deep breath if I wanna be a bit sarcastic. As I said, accidents happen and I sympathize with him honestly. I just can't see how these things happen, like the other guy, an alleged muay thai fighter, a few months ago got beaten up buy a tiny thai guy in the pub.

<<URL removed>>

Not Rambo, but man with clue. An average thai boy at age 13 weighs 40-50 kgs maximum, probably 40 and about 150-160 cms tall or 5 foot . U could blow them easily after a deep breath if I wanna be a bit sarcastic. As I said, accidents happen and I sympathize with him honestly. I just can't see how these things happen, like the other guy, an alleged muay thai fighter, a few months ago got beaten up buy a tiny thai guy in the pub.

dont know where your coming from but one thing i was taught in the 80's is dont mess with the thai's,you used to get the american navy every year down in patts.they all thought they were tough guys till they got in the ring with these little so called boys,never saw one getting beat[thai's that is] how many have you blown away tough guy?B)

Posts have been edited to remove a URL to a site that forbids linking to on Thai Visa:

31) Bangkok Post do not allow quotes from their news articles or other material to appear on Thaivisa.com. Neither do they allow links to their publications. Posts from members containing quotes from or links to Bangkok Post publications will be deleted from the forum. Please note that this is a decision by the Bangkok Post, not by Thaivisa.com and any complaints or other issues concerning this rule should be directed to them. Quotes from and links to Phuketwan are also not allowed and will also be removed. In special cases forum Administrators or the news team may use these sources.

<<URL removed>>

dont know where your coming from but one thing i was taught in the 80's is dont mess with the thai's,you used to get the american navy every year down in patts.they all thought they were tough guys till they got in the ring with these little so called boys,never saw one getting beat[thai's that is] how many have you blown away tough guy?B)

Seemingly you miss my point, whatever. Shame on the navy guys if got beaten up by 150 cm tall boys :lol:

If you do not feel safe anywhere in LOS then the simple answer is do not go there.Stay at home and get robbed or bashed at your' local train station.

I think the BIB are doing a reasonable job in Thailand.At least they don't take the softly ,softly approach of Police in Melbourne.

Just recently a team 80 combat clad coppers tried to break up a protest of 300 people outside a chicken processing plant.

After 15 mins of pushing and shoving the cops gave up and went home. Their comment afterwards"we took the softly,softly approach".

the protestors are still there and the rest of us here get booked for 4 kms over the speed limit.(All about revenue)

If you do not feel safe anywhere in LOS then the simple answer is do not go there.Stay at home and get robbed or bashed at your' local train station.

I think the BIB are doing a reasonable job in Thailand.At least they don't take the softly ,softly approach of Police in Melbourne.

Just recently a team 80 combat clad coppers tried to break up a protest of 300 people outside a chicken processing plant.

After 15 mins of pushing and shoving the cops gave up and went home. Their comment afterwards"we took the softly,softly approach".

the protestors are still there and the rest of us here get booked for 4 kms over the speed limit.(All about revenue)

Police presence at demonstration's more often than not leads to violence.

Why did 80 Melbourne police feel it necessary to turn up clad in combat gear.

Don't get confused with bitterness over your local Police, Thai Police are doing a terrible job and always have done.

The Thais don't trust or like them, and that says a lot to me anyway.

Garrya

You claim to have ridden motorbikes. So, you should know if you lose the front wheel, more often than not, you're down, particularly when it happens unexpectedly. Try kicking your mate's front wheel and see what happens.