Can I Take My Toyota Tiger Model Yr 2000 To Usa

Jeez...trucks are so cheap there, not sure why you would want to bring over a right hand drive model...and one that is potentially different from the models there...so a potential problem with parts/service????

Sell it here, add the costs you would save on shipping, and you are on your way to a really nice truck there. Just my humble opinion. :jap:

Bad idea unless you are thinking of getting a part time job as a postal delivery driver, then having the steering wheel on the "wrong" side might be advantageous

Your just asking for trouble, since emission testing is going to be a major roadblock in getting the truck titled and registered in the US, not to mention the "specs" problem

Unless it is a "classic" or "collectible" truck it is not worth the trouble to take it back

Bad idea unless you are thinking of getting a part time job as a postal delivery driver, then having the steering wheel on the "wrong" side might be advantageous

Your just asking for trouble, since emission testing is going to be a major roadblock in getting the truck titled and registered in the US, not to mention the "specs" problem

Unless it is a "classic" or "collectible" truck it is not worth the trouble to take it back

Correct, and the vehicle will probably have to pass current EPA standards on import to the U.S. and be tested at the port of entry. If it doesn't pass, it'll have to be brought up to spec at your expense and while still at the port! Ouch!! At least this is what I was told when I took back a 1971 VW Camper Bus in 1976.

Happily, for me, the VW had been bought in Florida then shipped over here, so it was presumed by EPA to have met the spec of that time. Happily II, the EPA didn't look at what Thai and Lao mechanics had done to it over the few years it was over here. They shoulda seen the muffler, which it think was home made out of beer cans and stuffed with coconut husks!

Mac