Arisman's Bail Plea Rejected: Thailand

webfact

I think the bail denial is for just for show. He will likely be freed on appeal within a few weeks. Thailand has the best justice system money can buy.

He may not even care whether he is freed from this new place that has been designed for Red Shirts, as he and his friends will get free accommodation and free food at the tax-payers' expense.

How can anyone living in Bangkok feel safe with this lunatic on the loose, "turn Bangkok into a sea of flames" I think his own words..! He should be executed swiftly ... No place for megalomaniac terrorists in this world... maybe his mother did not love him when he was a child..!

My sig for a year now......Arisman at his finest!

Am I in some sort of parallel Thai universe??? This is from the first story that ran on TV a couple of days ago.

Arisman was accompanied by his lawyers when he arrived at the court yesterday afternoon. He was later granted temporary release with a bail of Bt2 million, according to the source.

Now suddenly he is actually in jail?? Guess the government came to their senses and decided that granting bail to someone who has been on the run for a year was a bad idea. Or maybe the public outcry was too much.....

He went to Pattaya first to hear charges for storming the ASEAN summit where he was granted bail. Then he reported to DSI in Bangkok for last years ruckus and wasn't granted bail.

Thanks for clearing that up. I had no idea that he would sort of travel about, facing different charges in different locations. On a side note, I would love to see some photos of the new red shirt remand center.......Country club atmosphere, or harsh penal atmosphere designed to punish ???

I think the bail denial is for just for show. He will likely be freed on appeal within a few weeks. Thailand has the best justice system money can buy.

He may not even care whether he is freed from this new place that has been designed for Red Shirts, as he and his friends will get free accommodation and free food at the tax-payers' expense.

Perhaps Chuwit will intervene once again and lessen the tax-payer's load... :D

A proud tradition of visiting prisoners was exemplified by then Chart Thai Party Deputy Leader Chuwit visiting all the Election Commissioners that were incarcerated in 2006 and benevolently bringing them fried rice and iced coffee:

260706_new06.jpg

"Tam Boon Dee"

a new facility designed to detain the red shirts and others facing politically-related charges

temporary holding facility for those under remand due to their political struggle.

So would yellow shirts (if there are any in custody) be moved there too?

There are quite a number of yellow shirts incarcerated, but they are excluded from the new prison by the new Double Standard Exemption Rule.

Aris'woman' is what his thing should be called. The wuss has finally crawled up from under that rock? Well, the world was better when he was under that rock. He should stay under, or society should put him in a steel cage and weld it shut.

post-9891-0-21999800-1323313508_thumb.jp

You know that it would be untrue.

You know that I would be a liar if I was to say to you , ay,

Girl we couldn't get much higher.

Come on baby light my fire, come on baby light my fire.

Try to set the night on fire. Mm-m,:ph34r:

(Doors 1966)

How very perceptive!

• 1 month later...

Now that he is an ordained monk, with the of name of Thitamanto, Phra Arisman said yesterday that he now plans to be stay longer as a monk than earlier anticipated.

He said he needs further time for contemplation.

He went to the Criminal Court yesterday, in monk's robes, to hear yet another of the multiple cases against him.

Edited by Buchholz

a new facility designed to detain the red shirts and others facing politically-related charges

temporary holding facility for those under remand due to their political struggle.

So would yellow shirts (if there are any in custody) be moved there too?

There are quite a number of yellow shirts incarcerated, but they are excluded from the new prison by the new Double Standard Exemption Rule.

Do you know how many and where they are being held? Any details about this new rule that you mention?