Thaksin's Fate Hinges On Reconciliation: PM Yingluck

webfact

I do not know about the rest of my farang colleagues, but I am sick to death about hearing about Thaksin and Thai politics. We live here largely immune to it all. WE do not influence the politics here, THEY do. So long as they are not running us out of the country, why care? Live and let live.

Pastor Martin Niemoller (1892-1984)"In Germany, they came first for the Communists, And I didn't speak up because I wasn't a Communist; And then they came for the trade unionists, And I didn't speak up because I wasn't a trade unionist; And then they came for the Jews, And I didn't speak up because I wasn't a Jew; And then . . . they came for me . . . And by that time there was no one left to speak up." :whistling:

Da*n! ... Well said, "Je doff mon chapeau".

Her obsession on Thaksin is telling. A real leader would be talking (and working on) constantly about THAILAND's fate, not her big brother's fate.

She's the sweetly smiling figurehead on the prow of a giant pirate warship.

Sadly most people seem to only look at the pretty figurehead not the thousand tonnes of brutal banditry that its attached to.

A fitting raven-haired maiden to match your excellent simile...

2333591198_7ac4684c51.jpg

Lovely Maiden Masthead by bkwdayton - on hiatus, on Flickr

But of course not the figurehead on the thousand tonnes of brutal banditry alleged

[quote Yingluck said the issue about Thaksin would be resolved once unity, equality and fairness in law enforcement prevail.

so he is never coming back. i feel so relieved and so happy for all Thai people

but its the only thing she actually talks about maybe she speaks with forked tong, makes one wonder who is actually running the country

Edited by yumidesign

It doesn't sound like the Truth for Reconciliation commission is going to let Thaksin off the hook that easily according to the interim report they have just released:

Since the time the law was distorted in the case involving hidden assets of Thaksin in

2004, the government has not carried out any investigation of the case to determine the

underlying reasons for such a suspicious occurrence. Therefore, the TRCT propose that the

government along with relevant social agencies examine this case according to the rule of

law.

can one shoot themselves in the foot if it's in their mouth? this might be a first. :lol:

Now THAT might be a solution!:whistling: