Showing Off My New "Babe"

ad61

I bought the "Stumpy" from Sport Bicycle in Bangkok; first, they didn't bring it in, they had only the Epic model which is more an XC bike; a few month after my request, they send me a mail telling me that they finally decided to import some; I'm not sure if they still have any in stock, shoot them an e-mail (you can find them in the Specialized web site).

Cheers.

By the way, the Fuel Ex5 has been sold over the week end.

I like the look of that where did you get it from. I have just left my cannondale flash 4 back in the UK and now back on my road bike. I like the speed of a road bike but you cant beat getting away from it all on a MTB

• 3 months later...

I'm in the process of reassembling a 1980s 753 Raleigh TI team frame (Made to measure at Ilkeston by Gerald O'Donovan) and fully kitted out with Campagnolo Super Record..... You're going to love the photos almost as much as I'm going to love riding it again.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

how many horse powers?

Depends on the rider. A relatively in-shape road rider will generally output an average of about 200 to 300 watts on long recreational rides, maybe about 4 times that in a flat-out sprint. And 746 watts equals 1 horsepower.

Edited by OriginalPoster

That's a lot of bikes, Ian, do you not suffer from the problem of when you are riding one you wish you were riding the other?ohmy.png

There are classic bikes for show only; track bikes for the velodrome; MTB for racing skidding around; A time trial bike and so on. I bought a lot of track bikes to help Thai riders on the velodrome, so there's about 7 of those. Incidentally, I've just published a booklet on riding the velodrome in Chiang Mai, in English and Thai. Fairly basic but it may help people get started. I can post you one for small donation or email you if you PM me.

That's a lot of bikes, Ian, do you not suffer from the problem of when you are riding one you wish you were riding the other?ohmy.png

There are classic bikes for show only; track bikes for the velodrome; MTB for racing skidding around; A time trial bike and so on. I bought a lot of track bikes to help Thai riders on the velodrome, so there's about 7 of those. Incidentally, I've just published a booklet on riding the velodrome in Chiang Mai, in English and Thai. Fairly basic but it may help people get started. I can post you one for small donation or email you if you PM me.

Good of you Ian I commend your efforts.

I rode Track, TT and Road events in my youth, I rode the national track championships three years in the 80s and held a 1st cat license for 7 years. Some of my favourite memories if racing are competing in the track leagues at Welyn Garden City, Reading, Leicester and Scunthorpe - really happy memories.

In June of this year I'll be riding my first track event for 25 years at Quibell Park in Scunthorpe UK - I'm introducing my daughter to track racing, she's going to be riding one of my old Raleighs - I'm really looking forward to it.

Good of you Ian I commend your efforts.

I rode Track, TT and Road events in my youth, I rode the national track championships three years in the 80s and held a 1st cat license for 7 years. Some of my favourite memories if racing are competing in the track leagues at Welyn Garden City, Reading, Leicester and Scunthorpe - really happy memories.

In June of this year I'll be riding my first track event for 25 years at Quibell Park in Scunthorpe UK - I'm introducing my daughter to track racing, she's going to be riding one of my old Raleighs - I'm really looking forward to it.

Sounds goo. If you end up back in Thailand, come here to Chiang Mai and have a bash on the track! Anyone else want to experience track riding? Drop me a PM if so.

Here's a shot of one of my track bikes - I have two identical. I used to set one machine up for sprint events and the other for distance events, the label you can see on the top tube is were I used to make note of the gear ratio so that I could easily select the right machine during a track event.

Here's a shot of one of my track bikes - I have two identical. I used to set one machine up for sprint events and the other for distance events, the label you can see on the top tube is were I used to make note of the gear ratio so that I could easily select the right machine during a track event.

post-7176-0-26656500-1335792579_thumb.jp

We do have regular track sessions here at the Chiang Mai velodrome and you would be welcome to come along and ride or help out. The peeps who come here are young Thais and old farangs, quite a mix really and we do some good sessions. PM me ....

• 2 weeks later...

Wow boards in thailand I didnt know that would be a thing i'd like to try when I pop up later this year, :-)

Here is my 'babe' that I carried from the Uk when zI moved here to Samui 2 years ago.

She is responsible for me enjoying the single most enjoyable thing I do I Thailand despite all the other pluses of being here.

Spec is ... 15 years old ....kona Hei Hei frame and bars.

3 years old ... Chris King head set, DT swiss rims, Hope mono mini brakes and Hubs, XTR group set, Marazocci forks,

Hope u like

post-138895-0-03571300-1336973433_thumb.

post-138895-0-97054100-1336973447_thumb.

post-138895-0-94490400-1336973461_thumb.

post-138895-0-89919900-1336973475_thumb.

Wow boards in thailand I didnt know that would be a thing i'd like to try when I pop up later this year, :-)

Here is my 'babe' that I carried from the Uk when zI moved here to Samui 2 years ago.

She is responsible for me enjoying the single most enjoyable thing I do I Thailand despite all the other pluses of being here.

3 years old ... Chris King head set, DT swiss rims, Hope mono mini brakes and Hubs, XTR group set, Marazocci forks,

Hope u like

Nice "babe" foggy1 smile.png

Hope u like

Concrete rather than 'boards' but a good ride.