Experience With Talk Talk Language Center?

thaiatheart

1. Is it a good school? Good, serious teachers who aren't just in it for the money and teach well?

2. Has anyone been through the visa process with them? They say on their website they give a one year visa. Then in the FAQ it says something about having to do something at 90 days but it's unclear if that is every 90 days or what. Any insight into that whole process would be extremely helpful.

3. Any idea of cost for a one year course?

Many thanks!

I have a few friends who have done it at Pro Language on Nimanhamen Rd, and they're very happy with everything - both the visa procedure and the Thaiclasses!

The deal is that you pay the school around 23 000Bht and they hook you up with the "ED-visa". You still have to go out of the country to an embassy (Laos is the closest) to get a stamp in your passport and that will cost you an additional 1900Bht, then after 90 days you'll have to go to the immigration office to get a new stamp and pay 1900Bht. And then the same again after 90 days - immigration.. After that you only have to go to immigration after 180 days and of course pay 1900Bht..;) Thats your year mate! If you want after that, you can now extend your visa for two more years without leaving the country - you only need to go to immigration every 180 days as i understand it!

But then again, it seems like these rules change every now and then.

I almost forgot, you get 180 hours of Thai lessons in this price as well, I think they do around 6 hours a week spread over 2-3 days, up to you!

If you want to know more, just send me a msg and I'll be happy to help you!

Cheers!

Pro Languages webbsite;

http://www.prolanguage.co.th/about-4/chiang-mai-branch/