Chiang Mai Immigration - 90 Day Report

Wentworth

I went to get my annual stamp from CM Immigration today. Afterwards I got a photocopy to do my 90 Day Report, which was due next week. I usually post it and problem free for over a year.

I send the following by post:

Completed form.

Original of existing 90 Day reporting slip.

Photocopies of passport pages

- Photo

- Present Visa

- Departure Card

& SAE, just in case someone asks.

Today, at the office, I was asked to get a copy of the Airport Immigration stamp from mid 2009, when I last entered the country. When I asked why, as I mentioned that I haven't had to when posting it, a finger just pointed at my Departure Card date stamp. Does anyone know if they've changed the requirements, or should I just shake my head in disbelief and remember - T. I. T. ???????????

They ALWAYS ask for a copy of the entry stamp.

I'm not sure what we are referring to. My last entry stamp was 3 passports and nearly 20 years ago. Never had to dig out my 20 year old passport to show them. So it is not clear what is actually being asked but would thought they would be referring to the TM6 departure card which shows your arrival date.

I'm not sure what we are referring to. My last entry stamp was 3 passports and nearly 20 years ago. Never had to dig out my 20 year old passport to show them. So it is not clear what is actually being asked but would thought they would be referring to the TM6 departure card which shows your arrival date.

I did give them a copy of my TM6 Departure Card, as usual and as you'd expect, it has the stamp on it. The extra, unexpected request was for a copy of the stamp on the page of my passport. I've asked friends and they tell me that they don't have to show a copy of the passport page stamp, just the Departure Card. When I used to go in person, they never asked for it.

This is the requirement by mail and is the same as reporting in person at CM immigration except for the SAE.

1. Copy of all passport pages (up to the latest arrival stamp in Thailand)
  2. Copy of Arrival/departure card TM. 6 (back and front)
  3. Previous 90-day notifications (if any)
  4. Completely filled in TM 47
  5. Envelope with 5 Baht stamp affixed and return address where the receipt of notification will be sent to,
  6. The documents should be sent 7 days before renewal date and you need to use registered mail.

In my case, due to expired passports, the arrival information and permission to stay information is transferred to the 1st page of the passport so effectively I have been supplying it to them.

My "to do" reminder has this list for the 90 day report

copy of photo page, annual extension, transferred visa (from my old passport)

copy of departure card (TM6), last entry date

initial all photocopies

I revise this list as well as my others "to do" reminder lists (annual ext, re-entry) whenever they ask for something new.

The OP is correct in that Imm didn't use to ask for a copy of the last entry stamp in the passport.

They started asking for it about a year ago. Probably the uni interns that work at Imm who handle mailed in TM47's were letting you slide on that, Wentworth.

I admit it is a little silly- the departure card has the identical same stamp, done at the same time on entry into Thailand, done about 1/2 second apart.....B)

I lucked out with the confluence of entry stamp and retirement extension stamp in my last iteration- they're both on the same passport page.:)

I stapled the departure card on the adjacent page, and it is one photocopy.

Along with the face page, that makes 2 photocopies.

Those 2 photocopies, along with the previous TM47 stub (the bottom part of the TM47 which is torn off the application, that has the renewal date stamped in RED) are all that is required.

For mail notification, add the SAE (self addressed envelope) with a 5 B stamp.

(I haven't been asked for a copy of the original visa (issued outside of Thailand) on which my annual extension is based. Nor copies of all my passport pages.

That is not required for a 90 day address report, only when renewing the annual extension).

post-23786-0-26346900-1323524867_thumb.j

• Like 1

copy of photo page, annual extension, transferred visa (from my old passport)

I should preface that soon after I got my extension, I scan it into my computer and make one print file that includes the above 3 images so I only need to present 1 sheet anytime any of the above 3 images are needed for my current extension year. I don't recall if in the past they have asked for the original or transferred visa.

Edited by vagabond48

I copy photo page, original visa, latest extension, departure card and last entry.

This has never left me with reason to complain on ThaiVisa that they're asking for another copy of something.

As the OP and before I add any further response, please let me know if this post is directed at me. Thank you.

I copy photo page, original visa, latest extension, departure card and last entry.

This has never left me with reason to complain on ThaiVisa that they're asking for another copy of something.

As the OP and before I add any further response, please let me know if this post is directed at me. Thank you.

I wouldn't take it personally; probably the poster has never been put through the wringer at Immigration yet. Don't worry- his day will come- happens to all of us eventually. :ph34r:

Just copy every page in the passport and they will be happy. They love paperwork, and the price for a copy is only 0.5 Baht / copy.

Ah Semper, gotta love it. But no, you post this, and now every short attention span farang reading this will be showing up at CM Imm to do a 90 day....with 53 photocopies.

It will become urban legend/gospel in 2 months among the Tight Fist Brigade: "I can't believe they are demanding this of us...50 satang a copy- highway robbery!" :D

It will become urban legend/gospel in 2 months among the Tight Fist Brigade: "I can't believe they are demanding this of us...50 satang a copy- highway robbery!" :D

Just think if they miss a page and have to do it at Immigration. I'm pretty sure that it is 2 baht a page there! :o

Just think if they miss a page and have to do it at Immigration. I'm pretty sure that it is 2 baht a page there! :o

Well, if you make the copies at a proper copy shop they are 0.45-0.50 Baht a page. Call me cheap charlie if you like. :)

Well, if you make the copies at a proper copy shop they are 0.45-0.50 Baht a page. Call me cheap charlie if you like. :)

If you want to keep a supply of passport pages that don't change for 5 to 10 years, you can get a large number of copies for .35B. That's 100 pages for 35B. Now, that's being a super CHEAP Charlie.

• 3 months later...

Interesting! Over the last three years, I have never been asked for a copy of the entry stamp -- until today. Just saw this post as I was looking for info on how to send the 90 day in by mail. Guess I got lucky.

Just copy every page in the passport and they will be happy. They love paperwork, and the price for a copy is only 0.5 Baht / copy.

how long since u last there its 2bht a page,

According to post #19, I think Semper might be referring to getting copies from his local PC shop, not immigration.

In which case he's right.

It will become urban legend/gospel in 2 months among the Tight Fist Brigade: "I can't believe they are demanding this of us...50 satang a copy- highway robbery!" biggrin.gif

Just think if they miss a page and have to do it at Immigration. I'm pretty sure that it is 2 baht a page there! ohmy.gif

Well, if you make the copies at a proper copy shop they are 0.45-0.50 Baht a page. Call me cheap charlie if you like. smile.gif

And spend 50 baht getting to the proper copy shop