PM Yingluck Reiterates All Bangkok Areas To Be Flood Free Before New Year

webfact

In related news announced today, the flood death toll has risen to 689 confirmed dead with 3 still missing, according to the Disaster Prevention and Mitigation Department.

They went on to say that the flood still prevails in 10 provinces, affecting 4,405,315 people.

Edited by Buchholz

In related news announced today, the flood death toll has risen to 689 confirmed dead with 3 still missing, according to the Disaster Prevention and Mitigation Department.

They went on to say that the flood still prevails in 10 provinces, affecting 4,405,315 people.

Thats a hell of a lot of water, how would you get rid of it?

by getting 75,000 boats to the Chiang Mai Night Safari Menu Planner Plodprasob pronto !

Plodprasob claims operation to speed up water flow successful

The Nation

Science Minister Plodprasob Surasswadee claimed Monday that the operation to have over 1,000 boast speed up water flow on rivers to the sea became successful.

But Plodprasob was quick to add that the operation would need 75,000 more boats to increase its efficiency.

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2011-10-17

Edited by Buchholz

I have no trust in her, I shall wait for information from Bangkok Governor. Y.L doesn't really knows the Bangkok territory.

she is stating the obvious after the facts are known,just like playing the quarter back on Monday morning telling what should bedone after watching the games and knowing the scores

Didn't they already say a few weeks ago that the flooding would be gone by the end of November? If I'm not mistaken, they even gave a date.

Nope, you are mistaken or confused or both.

What is it with you guys? Why slag her off all the time, she kept inner BKK dry which of course was of utmost importance.

It would have been a calamity if all the basements and Underground MTR stations flooded, have you thought of that?

There is no way K.Yingluk was responsible for the flooding, she is the elected leader and she deserves a chance.

Inexperienced I hear you all cry, so TF**k what. How about the western leaders? Obama, Blair, Brown, the french prick (forget his name) are they any better? No they are much worse.

Give her a break, only in Thailand could a lady so sexy, hot and seemingly useless be elected leader. Cease your constant whining and enjoy the dry weather before the next rainy season hits, then you may start complaining again if the floods recur.

I think your beliefs are somewhat out of date i.e

Tony Blair has been out of office for over 3 years,

Gordon Brown has been out of Office for near on 18 months,and relinquished the Labour Party Leadership shortly after losing the Election of 2010

But do feel free to carry on and blame them for Yingluks lack of leadership and knowledge,if you must.

Edited by MAJIC

by getting 75,000 boats to the Chiang Mai Night Safari Menu Planner Plodprasob pronto !

Plodprasob claims operation to speed up water flow successful

The Nation

Science Minister Plodprasob Surasswadee claimed Monday that the operation to have over 1,000 boast speed up water flow on rivers to the sea became successful.

But Plodprasob was quick to add that the operation would need 75,000 more boats to increase its efficiency.

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2011-10-17

lmao...like that really worked...funny thing is Yingluck did attend the 1000 boats on the river do. Now that was a classic. thanks for reminding me laugh.gif

Didn't they already say a few weeks ago that the flooding would be gone by the end of November? If I'm not mistaken, they even gave a date.

What is it with you guys? Why slag her off all the time, she kept inner BKK dry which of course was of utmost importance.

It would have been a calamity if all the basements and Underground MTR stations flooded, have you thought of that?

There is no way K.Yingluk was responsible for the flooding, she is the elected leader and she deserves a chance.

Inexperienced I hear you all cry, so TF**k what. How about the western leaders? Obama, Blair, Brown, the french prick (forget his name) are they any better? No they are much worse.

Give her a break, only in Thailand could a lady so sexy, hot and seemingly useless be elected leader. Cease your constant whining and enjoy the dry weather before the next rainy season hits, then you may start complaining again if the floods recur.

I think your beliefs are way out of date i.e

Gordon Brown has been out of Office for near on 18 months,and relinquished the Labour Party Leadership shortly after losing the Election of 2010

But do feel free to carry on and blame them for Yingluks lack of leadership and knowledge,if you must.

BnB set the ball rolling didn't they, now its hurtling downhill and out of control. Farcical leadership.

Yingluk, well she's only a puppet (and a hot one at that) she deserves a chance, look at the options, what would you prefer here in the Kingdom?

The facts are that the government succeeded in protecting the most important parts of Bangkok. Most of the city's key communications and financial sectors escaped the devastation of the floods. BKK remained open. This is aiiding the recovery.

The water is receding and draining on its own and with help from the various departments managing the flood damage. The situation has significantly improved over the past two weeks and large parts of the population are returning to their daily lives. Had there been no improvement, or continued rains, some of you people would be blaming the government just as vociferously as you are doing now that the floods have eased.

It's the same old negativity from the same gang. Know what? The sun rose today, a new day arrived, full of opportunity and hope. And now, as the night descends and people rest, they will awake tomorrow again full of hope and a positive outlook on life, despite the negative, destructive and depressing sentiments of a small group of dreary foreign guests. Life is good, the government did the best it could with the limited means at its disposal and Thailand is still standing strong.

Edited by geriatrickid

The facts are that the government succeeded in protecting the most important parts of Bangkok. Most of the city's key communications and financial sectors escaped the devastation of the floods. BKK remained open. This is aiiding the recovery.

The water is receding and draining on its own and with help from the various departments managing the flood damage. The situation has significantly improved over the past two weeks and large parts of the population are returning to their daily lives. Had there been no improvement, or continued rains, some of you people would be blaming the government just as vociferously as you are doing now that the floods have eased.

It's the same old negativity from the same gang. Know what? The sun rose today, a new day arrived, full of opportunity and hope. And now, as the night descends and people rest, they will awake tomorrow again full of hope and a positive outlook on life, despite the negative, destructive and depressing sentiments of a small group of dreary foreign guests. Life is good, the government did the best it could with the limited means at its disposal and Thailand is still standing strong.

Nice closing para GK, wholly agree you.

The show goes on...

Does that include the flooding of rubbish piles in the roadways now too which are the second stage of the "flood". It took only 2 days to finally clear the 10 foot high trash piles from the south bound lanes that had completely blocked it off from traffic and all along the north bound lanes for at least a mile where it was down to only 2 lanes in both directions. Before that what had hardly even moved in 2 weeks disappeared once they had a press conference on Srong Bra Pa Rd. to clear

But now there has been no local trash pickup though the roads have been dry for weeks now and I am once again almost locked in by the trash mountain that has erupted on 2 streets that enter my moo ban and now only one lane barely wide enough for a car to pass but not without running over broken glass and all sorts of other tire destroying debris.

Get of your ASS Bangkok politicians, get on this, it's well past time :annoyed: it's not like you didn't have plenty of time to plan..

Edited by WarpSpeed

Does that include the flooding of rubbish piles in the roadways now too which are the second stage of the "flood". It took only 2 days to finally clear the 10 foot high trash piles from the south bound lanes that had completely blocked it off from traffic and all along the north bound lanes for at least a mile where it was down to only 2 lanes in both directions. Before that what had hardly even moved in 2 weeks disappeared once they had a press conference on Srong Bra Pa Rd. to clear

But now there has been no local trash pickup though the roads have been dry for weeks now and I am once again almost locked in by the trash mountain that has erupted on 2 streets that enter my moo ban and now only one lane barely wide enough for a car to pass but not without running over broken glass and all sorts of other tire destroying debris.

Get of your ASS Bangkok politicians, get on this, it's well past time :annoyed: it's not like you didn't have plenty of time to plan..

Is any of that trash yours?

Tell you what, rent a few pickups, mobilize a few mo'cyce taxi drivers and arrange to clear it yourself, be constructive, don't be negative, do something useful, you will be rewarded.

I think your beliefs are way out of date i.e

BnB set the ball rolling didn't they, now its hurtling downhill and out of control. Farcical leadership.

Yingluk, well she's only a puppet (and a hot one at that) she deserves a chance, look at the options, what would you prefer here in the Kingdom?

Good question,

well it wouldn't be her Brother for a start,and while she is PM,and her Brothers self confessed clone,there is more chance of him coming back.

which is her only purpose in being the PM of Thailand,as well you should know.

Tell you what, rent a few pickups, mobilize a few mo'cyce taxi drivers and arrange to clear it yourself, be constructive, don't be negative, do something useful, you will be rewarded.

You know I had a much more direct response but on second thought a response as ignorant as yours isn't worth my effort..

You don't read to good do you? Rent a few pickups? Let me guess, your dear leader has recommended this. You were already paid for your vote, the rewards are finished!dry.gif

Care to enlighten us with what you would have done different in the crisis?? I see all this negative and have not seen any solid alternatives to the flood situation

To start with, she should have taken control of the situation herself, not had, from one day to the next, a different government expert, or a different government official, or a different government minister, making announcements on the government's behalf. What we needed was a leader who could stand up and say, "ok, this is what we are doing". Not someone who spent the vast majority of the time going round looking for good photo ops. Not someone who started weeping. In crisis you need someone strong to take charge. I don't think she did that. Do you?

Sorry for being rude in my earlier post.

Maybe she should have ordered all her ministers to keep quiet, but hey have you ever tried herding cats?

I think she did stand up and say, we are flooded but we cannot let inner BKK flood and she stuck to her word on that

I don't think she was looking for photo ops was she? More like she was out and about trying to get a grip of the situation, visiting places to see for herself.

As for weeping, well she was probably upset, frustrated and angry about all the shit on her shoulders and all the slagging off she was taking, she's human after all. Sir Winston Churchill also wept a lot and he was a magnificent leader in troubled times.

All in all and in retrospect I think she's done a great job and I wish her well.

Good comparison Winston Churchill was a good leader but a military disaster and alcoholic.

I see the usual regulars are out in full force pouring scorn on Yingluck, they really need to get a life. The essence of criticism should be constructive, what alternatives should she have used? Everyone was playing "Pass the parcel" with the floodwaters, everyone wanted it to go to the next district not theirs, people were taking things into their own hands to achieve this, breaking barriers, opening flood gates.

How many of these critics have any knowledge of flood management, equally why should you expect Yingluck to have such knowledge, in such a situation you have to rely on experts, and as she soon discovered such experts are in very short supply in Thailand.

I have listened to all these experts, politicians and academics, frankly the Thai King is the only one who makes sense, and Yingluck has said she will follow his advice.

Next year will be the test, until then if you have nothing constructive to say then hold your peace.

I see the usual regulars are out in full force pouring scorn on Yingluck, they really need to get a life. The essence of criticism should be constructive, what alternatives should she have used? Everyone was playing "Pass the parcel" with the floodwaters, everyone wanted it to go to the next district not theirs, people were taking things into their own hands to achieve this, breaking barriers, opening flood gates.

How many of these critics have any knowledge of flood management, equally why should you expect Yingluck to have such knowledge, in such a situation you have to rely on experts, and as she soon discovered such experts are in very short supply in Thailand.

I have listened to all these experts, politicians and academics, frankly the Thai King is the only one who makes sense, and Yingluck has said she will follow his advice.

Next year will be the test, until then if you have nothing constructive to say then hold your peace.

No one would expect Yingluck (or any PM) to be an expert in flood management. What you would expect is that the PM gets the experts into a room and then to clearly communicate their decisions to the people.

You would also not expect Yingluck to be an expert in relief management. There again, she should have got the relief management experts together to organise the relief management.

She made a big fuss about the "Disaster Act" and that she now had control. But she failed to take control. She failed to organise. Simply, she just failed.

No one would expect Yingluck (or any PM) to be an expert in flood management. What you would expect is that the PM gets the experts into a room and then to clearly communicate their decisions to the people.

You would also not expect Yingluck to be an expert in relief management. There again, she should have got the relief management experts together to organise the relief management.

She made a big fuss about the "Disaster Act" and that she now had control. But she failed to take control. She failed to organise. Simply, she just failed.

I will repeat one line from my comment, "and as she soon discovered such experts are in very short supply in Thailand. "

Let me amplify this further, if you are not a doctor, how do you judge the competence of one who claims he is.

Who are these "relief management experts" you talk about, do they even exist in Thailand? She did not fail, the nation failed, it failed because too many people were more concerned with their egos than finding a solution. The concept of doing anything for the common good just does not exist in Thailand.

Floodwater in Bangkok Expected to Completely Dry by Year-end

The Bangkok governor admits concern about the slow rate of floodwater drainage in western Bangkok.

However, he believes that floodwater in Bangkok will be dry by the end of this month.

Bangkok Governor Sukhumbhand Paribatra admitted that a large volume of floodwater on Phaholyothin Road has made it slow to dry.

He said improvements in the drainage system are being undertaken and that the road is expected to be open to traffic soon.

Sukhumbhand noted that the situation in many areas, especially in western Bangkok, remains worrisome, as there are still high volumes of floodwater and the water is draining very slow.

However, he believes that water in all areas of the capital will be completely dry by the end of this month.

The Bangkok governor went on to say that his biggest concern right now is the large amount of garbage accumulated in many communities.

A great deal of garbage, such as damaged furniture, is being buried while some have been recycled.

He affirmed that the budget will not be a problem for garbage collection.

Sukhumbhand visited an area that served as a garbage dump for recycling during the Big Recycling Day in Buddha Monthon Sai1.

Most of the garbage piled up at the dump site is flood-damaged furniture that was left there by flood-hit people from six districts namely Phasi Charoen, Bang Khae, Nong Khaem, Taling Chan, Thawi Wattana and Bang Plad.

He also oversaw a procession of garbage trucks carrying trash that cannot be recycled.

The trash will be used as fuel at industrial plants in Saraburi Province.

tanlogo.jpg

-- Tan Network 2011-12-13

footer_n.gif

Care to enlighten us with what you would have done different in the crisis?? I see all this negative and have not seen any solid alternatives to the flood situation

To start with, she should have taken control of the situation herself, not had, from one day to the next, a different government expert, or a different government official, or a different government minister, making announcements on the government's behalf. What we needed was a leader who could stand up and say, "ok, this is what we are doing". Not someone who spent the vast majority of the time going round looking for good photo ops. Not someone who started weeping. In crisis you need someone strong to take charge. I don't think she did that. Do you?

Sorry for being rude in my earlier post.

Maybe she should have ordered all her ministers to keep quiet, but hey have you ever tried herding cats?

I think she did stand up and say, we are flooded but we cannot let inner BKK flood and she stuck to her word on that

I don't think she was looking for photo ops was she? More like she was out and about trying to get a grip of the situation, visiting places to see for herself.

As for weeping, well she was probably upset, frustrated and angry about all the shit on her shoulders and all the slagging off she was taking, she's human after all. Sir Winston Churchill also wept a lot and he was a magnificent leader in troubled times.

All in all and in retrospect I think she's done a great job and I wish her well.

Good comparison Winston Churchill was a good leader but a military disaster and alcoholic.

By Historians accounts,he was a military disaster in WW1,but by the time WW2 came around, he had learned a lot, and was a great militatary stratagist,which the British people owe him a lot,for his knowledge