Shoe Repair; Seeking Some Good Quality

rwilem

I know there are some show repair guys with small set-ups on the sidewalks, and for minor repairs those guys are fine. I've also seen a couple of copy keys/repair shoes shops--like the one in the basemant of Robinson and Top's on Sukhumvit Soi 19. But being in a mall doesn't guarantee a good job will be the result.

I am in need of some major sole repair work on a virtually new pair of shoes that were laying around unworn for a few years. I'd like to have it done properly and with a good standard of worksmanship. Does anyone here have experience with a shop or vendor that does top-notch shoe repair work? I'd like to get it right, in the hope that the first time is the charm.

I did a search before submittingthis but came up empty. (The function didn't seem to work on the browser; IE at a 'net cafe.)

If anyone has a lead, that'd be great!

Latindancer, how was the repair job, and where did you have it done? Been wondering how that turned out for you.

I have stopped by twice at the place in the basement floor of the Robinson's on Sukhumvit Soi 19, but neither time was there anyone there who could speak some English. Before going ahead and having the work done I want to make sure the repair guy and myself are 'on the same wavelength', no surprises, etc.

If you have a lead, that'd be cool.

Just would like to report back on this. I ended up having the work done at the repair shop in the basement of the Robinson's/Tops on the corner of Sukhumvit Soi 19.

The guys did a wonderful job! I went in with the shoes in hand, and they knew what had to be done and they were able to understand my concerns on a few things about how I wanted it to turn out..

They gave me a very reasonable 280 baht quote and said I could pay on pickup. No rush job needed, I said, and told them to take their time and I'd be back in about four days. When I picked up the shoes I was more than pleasantly surprised. I'm very happy with the job they did. The shoes look better now than they did when they were new. They really do.

The place is called Pro Express. Khun Thavee is the older of the pair of fellas along with Khun Ponchai. As I was leaving another foreign customer who appeared to possibly be a repeat customer was dropping off a pair for some work.

Service work can really be hit-and-miss here, as it can be anywhere. So when you do get good work at a fair price, it's good to spread the word.