Bbq Christmas Day

Gladiator

My apologies in advance as I realze that much of this has been covered in previous posts.... but.. in the event that there are any new thoughts...

This year - my wfe and I have decided to move on from cooking the traditional Chrsitmas Roast and decided to BBQ for both Farang and Thai family and friends.

My intitial thoughts were to marinate some steaks from Makro.. some English Porker sausages perhaps chiken tikka kebabs some sate ... caesar salad some Kow Pad... but would also like to include some seafood or fish.

Any thoughts on Steak marinade... or how to nclude the seafood either with the BBQ or perhaps something like a seafood Moule Marrinere ?

Many thanks for any suggestions.

Gladiator

Maybe try something different on them, easy to make a Jumbalya For a touch of cajun, and serve over rice! Easy to make green/yellow peppers, onion, celery, tomato's, seasoning salt, garlic, black pepper, basil, add some sausage sliced thin, white meat chicken, shrimp, and I prefer to add some lump crabmeat! A good cajun spice helps but not needed and chillis can spice it good also! Another good idea is stuffed fillets of fish, using traditional stuffing or make a stuffing with shrimp, crab or both! I also make shrimp,( peeled), sauted in butter and garlic, then add a jar of El Sapo Picante,and turn up heat to let it thicken and brown a little, serve over plain rice or better chicken flavoured rice! make some crabcakes if you want to stick with seafood a little less spicey!

Eat well my friend, and hope you, family and friends enjoy a wonderfull meal and enjoy the company!!

Backwood,<br><br>You suggestion of the fish  fillets wrappied  stuffing sounds both curious and interesting. Yes, I can get both shrimp and crabmeat to put inside. You mention other? what might that be? In any case. once done how would you cook?  Over the hot coals or in tin foril? if over coals. would you use toothpicks to keep the mixture inside? I have had some success with cooking fish with garlic, butter and herbs in foil.. Similarly with garlic prawns in butter and garlic. Some add sherry and even oliives - how about you?<br><br>BKKJames,<br><br>You are quite right. I guess that it delends on how many folk that you are cooking for and the extent of one's budget. For sure I have access to good steak (AUS or NZ) but plus it up and it can get quite pricey. Hence the reason for Makro frozen and marinades.<br><br>Elgato - that sounds quire inovative. there are some good pomoionas around wih 'Mediterraneadn' sizd prawns which would suit this dish quite well<br>