Diet Coke Or Zero

docspinoff

Hello we have just moved to Prachuap Kiri Khan

But cant understand why there is NO Diet coke or Zero in Prachuap Kiri Khan despite having a large Tesco Lotus

so has other people found this in other areas

where has it all gone may be all the big people have bulk bought

so not left for me !!!!

hope Tesco reads this

Yes it is odd given thatThailand has just encountered its wort flooding in decades,with many of its prime industrial areas under water for two months,I wonder what could be causing these empty shelves and lack of products nationwide.

Could the two be connected or am i jjust overreacting and opinionated.

Here you go :

"From what I have been able to find out regarding the unavailability of Coke Zero, it has mainly to do with the flooding at Thai Pure Drinks Rangsit Klong 13 plant. Essentially this is the only plant that bottles Coke Zero for Thai Pure Drinks. They have another plant capable of bottling the sugar based product which is running flat out and has no spare capacity available to be retasked.<br style="color: rgb(28, 40, 55); font-size: 13px; line-height: 20px; background-color: rgb(250, 251, 252); "><br style="color: rgb(28, 40, 55); font-size: 13px; line-height: 20px; background-color: rgb(250, 251, 252); ">It will likely be at least 1 month after the factory becomes dry before production can begin again. As of today, this factory is still closed and flooded. I can only guess when it will reopen. My house is in a different area of Pathumthani and still under 1.2 meters of water. I would not be surprised if Coke Zero remains essentially unavailable until the end of February.<br style="color: rgb(28, 40, 55); font-size: 13px; line-height: 20px; background-color: rgb(250, 251, 252); "><br style="color: rgb(28, 40, 55); font-size: 13px; line-height: 20px; background-color: rgb(250, 251, 252); ">Thai Pure Drinks has the license to bottle and sell Coca Cola throughout the entire northern and central areas of the country. A different bottler Haad Thip, has responsibility for the southern provinces of the country, and they should still have the capacity to produce Coke Zero. There is no connection between these 2 companies however, so it is not possible to divert product from the south to the northern and central areas. But if someone wanted to make a trip to Had Yai logic suggests it should be possible to purchase Coke Zero in large quantities.<br style="color: rgb(28, 40, 55); font-size: 13px; line-height: 20px; background-color: rgb(250, 251, 252); "><br style="color: rgb(28, 40, 55); font-size: 13px; line-height: 20px; background-color: rgb(250, 251, 252); ">Edit: Haad Thip has the world's most annoying website, but according to their map the northern most province where they are allowed to sell is Chumphon. If anyone is coming back from that area to the Pattaya/Chonburi region and can pick me up several cases I will pay a premium for it. "

Enjoy!

I live in Sisaket in the north east and I can not drink regular soda due to the sugar. I prefer Pepsi Max and last time it were available here is more than a month ago, coke light and coke zero were available in very limited quantities up until a week or two ago in Makro/Tesco/Big C but only in cans.

What I found out is drive a little to a tesco express or a smaller tesco in an area where there are no farangs and you might find diet soda, 10 days ago did a trip to Udon Thani and found a small tesco in Suwannaphum that had loads of cans of coke light/zero. Did a 50km run yesterday to the nearest Tesco not in Sisaket and bought around 100 cans and we did not clear the shelves.

For the first time in a month I have seen regular Pepsi products on the selves 2 days ago so hopefully things are returning to normal.

• 2 weeks later...

Na mrs mills, been up since 230 watching the spurs drop two more points, at the gym at 6am, work all day, popped into toys rus for xmas gifts for the son at lunch...and slowly grinding to a halt. However the icy cold COKE ZER0 in a can I just had was delicious. I can take a photo of the can if someone really needs a fix ;)