Getting Home After A Night Out

UKJASE

Hey Guys...... after a good few beers in the town centre, what are the options for getting home??

We only live about 2 km from town centre, but in a tuk tuk the minimum fare i could hope for would be 200B..... this is pricier than a taxi in my home town. i guess a motorbike taxi is an option.......

my lass is thai, and she shared a tuk tuk with another thai lady home other night, and had to pay 200B..... so if that is the price for thai's then it would be an uphill battle to get it below 250B

are motorbikes and tuk tuks the only 2 options??

does anyone know any good tuk tuk drivers, or motorbike taxis, who's numbers they could share, so that if in a bar, and need to get home, can call them and they will pick you up and take you home for a reasonable fare?

2km on a moto taxi costs me 40b in the daytime. Been here almost two years and haven't heard of any accidents involving them. Have my own bike so only time I ride is to and from the minibus or train station.

Have you tried flagging down a passing tuk tuk instead of taking one waiting at a spot with other tuk tuks? Waiting ones have to work their way to the front of the line and they want a big fare. Somebody running empty is probably headed to the back of a line of tuk tuks and could be more accommodating in price.

• 2 weeks later...

Caught one of those bicycle rickshaws from up near the 7/11 bars near the Hilton one night just to save me walking down towards Petchkasem...It was the older guy that was 'driving'..turned out he was more drunk than I was and got lost around the back laneways there...We ended up back where we started and I still paid him 50 baht..laugh about now!

4 quid into town and 4 quid home, and then if you go out a few times a week, that will soon add up.....

sure, it's better than drink driving, was just hoping that someone knew a number, and could get the price a bit more reasonable.... in bangkok the same ride would be about 40B

it's obvious that the price is a rip off here, because you rarely see thais taking a tuk tuk...... it is always farang..... i guess they are good at price fixing in this town