To What Religion/ Cult Do We Belong?

richb2004

What religion/ cult are you?  

94 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jews are different. The term "christian" means follower of Christ. Judism does not recognise him as a messiah. Catholics however, are christians.

Judism Christianity, and Islam all worship the same god, they just have differing opinions on who is his true prohet.

cv

Jews' think they're different. :o

Don't we all - Baptists, CofE, Presbytarian, 1st Day Advintists, Quaker, Jehovah's Witness, Fahlong Gong. We could go on and on. If the OP is trying to ascertain the principle religion in Thailand he can be pretty sure that it is over 90% Budhist.

As long as people discuss maturely it can be educating. Unfortunately its true that some who stopped maturing in middle school do occasionally ruin it for the rest. :D

I hope the Coyote worshipers don't flame you too much Trippy. :o

cv

I'm simply interested on philosophies of life.

Had to check the buddhism since it doesn't involve any god. I'm also not denying any god's existance anyway.

And no, I'm not practicing Buddhism in any kind of ritual way right now.

I'm founder, Highpriest and so far only member of the First Church of Hedonism. The church that allows everything but praying. Further memberships can be granted upon application and substantial donations to my church. PM me for my bank a/c!

Jews are different. The term "christian" means follower of Christ. Judism does not recognise him as a messiah. Catholics however, are christians.

Believe it or not, there is a Judaeo-Christian sect called 'Jews For Jesus', who say they are Jewish but believe that Christ is the Son of God. Seems to me that they are either Jewish or Christian. The hybrid is theologically unsound.

Jesus is recognised as an important figure in Judaism and Islam, but use of the term Christ (meaning 'the anointed one') is the difference between them and Christians - Jesus is the name, Christ is the title indicating the Son of God.

In any event, I agree that there should be an 'agnostic' option, although I am Catholic (and yes, we are supposed to be Christian, but often aren't).

When Gandhi was asked about what he thought of Christianity, he said that things would be a lot better "if Christians followed the teachings of their Master." Too right.

I think the world would be a better place without any religion, so I have no faith, nor would I particularly want to be branded a specific faith. However, despite that, Buddhism and Hinduism do interest me (not that I would become a follower of either, just their concepts are quite interesting, I think)

I cant believe i am the only rasta on here :D

You're not dude.

I voted Rasta man even though I'm not dreadlocked or black and, I don't smoke herb. I just reckon they've had the least fights and, well, I like the sound of that. :D:o

redrus

Believe it or not, there is a Judaeo-Christian sect called 'Jews For Jesus', who say they are Jewish but believe that Christ is the Son of God. Seems to me that they are either Jewish or Christian. The hybrid is theologically unsound.

Jesus is recognised as an important figure in Judaism and Islam, but use of the term Christ (meaning 'the anointed one') is the difference between them and Christians - Jesus is the name, Christ is the title indicating the Son of God.

In any event, I agree that there should be an 'agnostic' option, although I am Catholic (and yes, we are supposed to be Christian, but often aren't).

When Gandhi was asked about what he thought of Christianity, he said that things would be a lot better "if Christians followed the teachings of their Master." Too right.

In a certain sense, Christianity is a Jewish sect. The Jews believe that a great messiah (savior) will come some day to lead them. About 2000 years ago Jesus of Nazarath came on the scene and some of the Jews believed that he was their long awaited messiah....others did not. Since there was this split the term 'Christian' developed to differentiate between the two. If they had all accepted him as their messiah then the term 'Christianity' might never have been invented since they would all just still call themselves 'Jews' since the coming of the messiah is simply an event in the Jewish continuum of historic development.