Vietnam Virgin

Nignoy

While no stranger to travel in asia, by air, rail, bus and motorbike, mrs nig has set her heart on a spring holiday in HCM city, I was there briefly in 1965 and 1993 but now we are both disabled pensioners, can get about on sticks ,dont want to take our wheel chairs, we have coped with bkk and chiangmai many times , but getting information about disabled friendly tours, hotels , carhire etc. is almost impossible, can any of you vietnam expats give us any tips or recommendations, we would treat you to a pint or two in town in february :jap:

there are a number of tour groups in HCMC, Saigontours comes to mind and if they can't help you with mobility problems then nobody can...the pavements/sidewalks in HCMC are treacherous with motor bike parking and impromtu sidewalk cafes everywhere and not recommended for folks with mobility problems but OK if you can find an outfit to ferry you around...highly recommended that you stick with well known tour group organizations...

I had 2 of my teenaged thai nieces with me in HCMC in district 1 in 2006 and they were afraid to go out with the congestion and traffic...they went home after about a week and my wife followed soon after...

there are a number of tour groups in HCMC, Saigontours comes to mind and if they can't help you with mobility problems then nobody can...the pavements/sidewalks in HCMC are treacherous with motor bike parking and impromtu sidewalk cafes everywhere and not recommended for folks with mobility problems but OK if you can find an outfit to ferry you around...highly recommended that you stick with well known tour group organizations...

I had 2 of my teenaged thai nieces with me in HCMC in district 1 in 2006 and they were afraid to go out with the congestion and traffic...they went home after about a week and my wife followed soon after...

we realise we must be careful , we have contacted a few well advertised tour groups , we try to be self reliant,the trip is on the bucket list ,so has to be done,we survived 10 days in the arab quarter of paris in june so we are semi prepared lol but many thanks anyway :jap: