Car Window Tinting

stefan2519

Yeah blind people don't feel they have any disadvantage over sighted people either but we all know the real truth....... At least the thinking people do :whistling: ...

blah blah blah blah.

At our annual health checks a few weeks back my eyes tested a perfect 6/6.

Except I wasn't talking about your eyes I was talking about your tint and thinking there's no difference in the visibility with it over visibility without..

Well its kinda obvious that dark windows will impede vision, but to what extent though, should throw sun glasses into the mix as well yeah.

Yeah, I agree but my sunglasses offer me options to use them or remove them in an instant.

Yeah blind people don't feel they have any disadvantage over sighted people either but we all know the real truth....... At least the thinking people do :whistling: ...

blah blah blah blah.

Except I wasn't talking about your eyes I was talking about your tint and thinking there's no difference in the visibility with it over visibility without..

Well its kinda obvious that dark windows will impede vision, but to what extent though, should throw sun glasses into the mix as well yeah.

Yeah, I agree but my sunglasses offer me options to use them or remove them in an instant.

Only takes a few moments to drop the windows as well.

Only takes a few moments to drop the windows as well.

Yep had an answer for that but then just realized you're either not thinking your response through very well in detail or are just looking to argue so decided not to be argumentative <_< .

Last night, new car with 40% Meridium windshield, not black film. First drive in dark with this car.

Obvious glare from other cars rearlights and headlights. Which one can avoid by dark driving techniques like not focusing directly at them but have them in side vision.

No matter how bright headlights one has, foglights allowed to lit 25 meters ahead, xenon low beams max 75 meters, the parts not lit by own cars lights are substantially darker than without film. Meaning I could easily miss a pedestrian or bike without lights.

as for reversing, living north of the polarcircle with 3 months a year in darkness, no sunshine for 3 months, in snowstorms, you simply need to get the snow off exterior mirrors, teaches you to reverse with open windows anyway, so no issue. In addition, reverse sensors are IMHO a must for any car since I had them first time 15 years ago

Mazda2/jazz and some other cars have windshield as high as car is wide, in other word huge, and as this car is for Phuket driving at max 120kmh, I chose to let it have windscreen film. Had it been a car for 160kmh highwaydriving at night, I would not.

So despite above, film stays on, at least for this high season :)

so anyone know how many % tinting is legal?thinking to tinting my car 3M 60% on all windows

Good question and the first one to be back on topic in 2 pages.

It seems the law used to state 40% but now from what I can gather, there's no set limit in Thailand at all (so go ahead and whack 95% on if you wanted to whistling.gif).

It seems everyone has their own opinion on the matter and for everyone that says 60% is fine you'll find another whom says its dangerous.

I think what we can take from this is "different strokes for different blokes". rolleyes.gif

I sense the sharks circling!unsure.gif

Edited by stefan2519

I see,was driving in my country (malaysia) 60% on all windows not problem at night.

so anyone know how many % tinting is legal?thinking to tinting my car 3M 60% on all windows

It seems the law used to state 40% but now from what I can gather, there's no set limit in Thailand at all (so go ahead and whack 95% on if you wanted to whistling.gif).

It seems everyone has their own opinion on the matter and for everyone that says 60% is fine you'll find another whom says its dangerous.

I think what we can take from this is "different strokes for different blokes". rolleyes.gif

It is dangerous, a lot of people used to buck wearing seat belts and used to argue the need and safety just as they did/do riding motorcycles without helmets too. Eventually though, for all thinking people, common sense takes over if not a law requiring those lacking common sense to wear them.

It seems the law used to state 40% but now from what I can gather, there's no set limit in Thailand at all (so go ahead and whack 95% on if you wanted to :whistling:).

I think what we can take from this is "different strokes for different blokes". :rolleyes:

I sense the sharks circling! :unsure:

It is dangerous, a lot of people used to buck wearing seat belts and used to argue the need and safety just as they did/do riding motorcycles without helmets too. Eventually though, for all thinking people, common sense takes over if not a law requiring those lacking common sense to wear them.

what is dangerous, a 20yo with 80% tint or a 60yo with no tint? the 20yo will in general have better night vision

I can presently not see any law against 60% windshield. There could be a general law against irresponsibel modifying, but would not cover 60% film for sure

I sense the sharks circling! unsure.gif

what is dangerous, a 20yo with 80% tint or a 60yo with no tint? the 20yo will in general have better night vision

I can presently not see any law against 60% windshield. There could be a general law against irresponsibel modifying, but would not cover 60% film for sure

20 year old by leaps and bounds tint or no tint...Just plain can't drive as well, likely pissed up and to impetuous and inexperienced..