Where Can I Swim In Ice Cold Water?

Shoeboat

The water is lovely and cold up here at nam tok than tip,if you fancy a 5 hour bus ride,not sure about Bangkok,why don't you fill a bath with ice cubes and cold water.

I don't have a bath, so Nam Tok is cold this time of year?

I can't imagine anywhere in Thailand having the bite, but I suppose north is the way to go. I'm still hoping that Bangkok has something to offer.

It's cool up north,Doi Inthanon Thailands highest peak has been down to about 4 degrees I believe with frost,that's got to be tempting,sure there are some nice cool pools to enjoy somewhere near there,failing that and as you don't have a bath,you could always buy a plastic bin,very cheap here and fill that with ice,I do that to keep my beers cold this time of year when we have a Xmas BBQ.

Won't be zero degrees, but if you go to the North (Chiang Mai - Mae Hong Son) and find yourself a mountain stream or waterfall, then I will guarantee you it will feel pretty damned freezing.

Word of warning though: In the West you can warm up again real fast. Once you're cold and wet on a cold foggy morning on a mountain in Thailand, you need to make sure you can warm up again. May need to bring suitable blankets and make a fire beforehand. Don't underestimate the cold just because it's Thailand and it'll be 20-something degrees in the afternoon.