Good Quality Bacon

BOBBYTIN

After been supplied by mr Moo for a long time now, with which is in my opinion the best bacon on Phuket,we have been informed that they are no longer making bacon, as of next month. I dont know why, and it is a poor way to treat loyal customers, but that is up to them. my question is,does any one know a butcher that sells quality bacon in quantity.We have tried some places around,but its the usual Thai streaky stuff.We would be grateful for any help to point us in the right direction. Thank you.

<snip>I don't know why, and it is a poor way to treat loyal customers, but that is up to them.<snip>

Maybe it's not cost effective, and they are losing money on it???

Just a thought.:jap:

thats fine,i just want to find a wholesale supplier to replace them,as i said their bacon is gonna be hard to replace,thank you for your words of wisdom.

sliced bacon, S&P, sold by Tesco, S&P stores in Central 3 rd level and Tesco Lotus, sometimes in Big C and usually in Tops

better than most vacuumpacked

after many years i found this brand 2 weeks ago..

many years of desperation could of been saved so easly, SP is delicious

Really nice bacon at Villa Market next to Home Pro. All import and a variety of different cuts.

Mmmmm. triple price bacon.

the thing is,mr moo could increase prices again,3rd time this year,and would still have their old customers. i would pay more for their bacon. we buy 20 to 30 kilo a time, our customers love it. and we have always been happy with mr moo.

sliced bacon, S&P, sold by Tesco, S&P stores in Central 3 rd level and Tesco Lotus, sometimes in Big C and usually in Tops

better than most vacuumpacked

after many years i found this brand 2 weeks ago..

many years of desperation could of been saved so easly, SP is delicious

we should have kept it a secret, now its gonna be sold out for months in Phuket ;)

Not knocking the OP's tastes (each to their own, after all), but I never cared for Mr Moo's bacon - very lean, yes, but too full of water. I wouldn't be surprised if it was not all that popular.

never had a problem with it,could you have had a bad batch,it does not shrink and it looks good on the plate,and tastes good,but yes,everyone to their own.