Bkk Guesthouses In Areas Other Than Ksr?

yungchang

Are there any decent guest houses with rooms with private bath in, say, the chinatown or lower sukhumvit areas, or Phetburi Rd. or other areas that are not near khao san road? ANy info and prices appreciated.

Don't know your needs but

try the area around Lumphini - Rama IV, Sathorn

Soi Ngam Duplhee, Soi Sri Bamphen

Plenty of Guesthouses and very close to

Tube and Skytrain

Walk from Sukhumvit Soi 7 to Soi 5 through 'The Tunnel'

Location is great, rooms from single to multi....

<cough> Giving *that* location as 'great', I would without a doubt declare your opinion subjective in the extreme.

To the OP- there is a nice little guest house that oozes the rural ambiance of an Issarn village directly across Sukh. soi 11's Ambassador Hotel. It's on a corner of a sub soi block that parallels soi 11. The guest house name escapes me, but some posters might know it by the neaby Health clinic and/or the Lisa's Massage establishment a couple doors down.

Don't know the rates, either, but i'm sure they have many room options...

Edited by GoodHeart

Walk from Sukhumvit Soi 7 to Soi 5 through 'The Tunnel'

Location is great, rooms from single to multi....

<cough> Giving *that* location as 'great', I would without a doubt declare your opinion subjective in the extreme.

To the OP- there is a nice little guest house that oozes the rural ambiance of an Issarn village directly across Sukh. soi 11's Ambassador Hotel. It's on a corner of a sub soi block that parallels soi 11. The guest house name escapes me, but some posters might know it by the neaby Health clinic and/or the Lisa's Massage establishment a couple doors down.

Don't know the rates, either, but i'm sure they have many room options...

That guest house may be the one called, simply enough, Suk 11. There is a VD clinic just in front of it (no connection to the guest house.) They get a lot of bookings, get a reservation first.

Sukhumvit Crown Hotel. Fan rooms 470 baht per night. Private bathroom. TV, safety box in lobby, close to the Nana Skytrain stop. They will store luggage or bags for you for a while for free.

Location: From the Skytrain stop (Nana stop) look for the old "never completed" concrete parking garage. Right behind that garage is the Crown. Brick building between Sukhumvit Soi 6 & 8.

Other cheap hotels in this area are the Business Inn and the President Inn with rooms in the 500/600 baht range. Not far from the Skytrain stop on the odd side of the street, look for the Konika camera store (across the street from Mona Fashion.)

Al :o

Guess, every opinion is subjective.

less than 1 min. to the sky train.

English/European pubs around the corner.

Nightlife around the corner.

1 min to 24 hours foodland or to Gulliver's

Soi Nana 2 min.

20 min to the airport

AND

Scampi

Met This Great Woman! there :o

Soi Kasem San 1 opp Mah Boon Krong at the National Stadium Skytrain station. Most places run around 500-600 baht a night with ac, tv, hot shower. 1 min walk to MBK and the skytrain. No touts, no tuk tuk drivers, no harassment. Can be difficult to get a room at the wrong time of day (ie late at night) but def worth a try. A-One inn and the White Lodge are two of the best.. Star Hotel was good about 10 years ago but mgmt has let the place run down into a dump. Reno is overpriced for what you get.

Thanks very much. Well, it would be helpful if you could estimate the prices at some of these places. Are they a lot higher than the KSR guest houses?

I've looked at the Crown fan rooms. Unfortunately, they are way up on the top floor if I recall correctly, and the water pressure is very low, too low to take a good shower. That ruins it for me.

By the way, I actually prefer fans to AC so don't like to pay for AC rooms.

What about a short time type of hotel in the Sukhumvit area or elsewhere? I wonder what it would be like to stay long time in a place like that?

I heard that any hotel that has a number instead of a name is a short time hotel. Could those be a possibility? Might be interesting, if it's secure.

I've been in one or two such hotels and they can be surprisingly decent. But I don't remember where they were.