Carlsberg Beer

Mekong Bob

There is Carlsberg, draft and bottles at the Lannabrewfest. It is being distributed in CM.

Have they got any Pedigree?

Idon't remember seeing that but the website made me thirsty, brewed in in oak casks !

Itt's a sad reflection of beers in Thailand if folk are getting excited about Carlsberg :(

Not knocking Carlsberg, I'll probably be drinking it once it's available.

btw, anyone know where I can get Federbrau by the case? Only shop I've seen it in is Tesco, but only by the bottle.

it's a sad reflection of beers in Thailand if folk are getting excited about Carlsberg :(

Not knocking Carlsberg, I'll probably be drinking it once it's available.

btw, anyone know where I can get Federbrau by the case? Only shop I've seen it in is Tesco, but only by the bottle.

rimping meechok and rimping riverside

From readinf prior threads on ThaiVisa, I've learned that Chang Export & Federbrau are good beers, Beer Lao is great beer, and Carlsberg is an absolute nectar of the gods. Is that not also what people on forums outside of Thailand think?

Hmmmmmmmmm, Carlsberg is for those lacking of taste buds. but will agree for a lager Beer Lao is very good. :)

An then there's my all time favorite: "the dunkelager from the Chiangmai German Microbrewery is a bit like Spitfire". And that one came from a pub owner. Similar statements have been made on TV about Cheers Extra and Beer Lao dark by others.

Cheers Extra, too strong. Will have to check out the microbrewery, have not been for 10 years :(

An then there's my all time favorite: "the dunkelager from the Chiangmai German Microbrewery is a bit like Spitfire". And that one came from a pub owner. Similar statements have been made on TV about Cheers Extra and Beer Lao dark by others.

Cheers Extra, too strong. Will have to check out the microbrewery, have not been for 10 years :(

I suppose that there is a chance that you might like one or more of the current incarnations of the German Microbrewery's beers. There are people that do. But you're not likely to think that any of them taste much like an English ale unless you're 12 beers deep into your daily drinking before you enter the place, and especially not their dunkel lager.

That's what's gets me the most about people holding out the ales from back home as the ultimate in the art of brewing, that when in Thailand they so often compare lagers and even malt lquors to them with no sense of irony. Makes me wonder how many Brits could tell a glass of turpentine from from a CAMRA approved ale if put to the test.

Edited by OriginalPoster

You have to make do with what is available. This isn't :(

What's your view on London Pride Smithy? At The Olde Bell We've got Pride and London Porter(as have Red Lion) if you want something different. Personally I think London Pride is up there with Theakston's and Marsden's Pedigree. I share your craving for Real Ale though!! We sometimes sell the Dunkel from the Microbrewery (as does O'Malley's) I haven't got any at the moment, but I'm getting a barrel in for Christmas