wana

cracked screen by dropping a SG 2 roughly 40-50 cm to the ground

spider web crack formed on top 1/3rd of the display

went into the official samsung service centre today to buy a new screen

they said its 4300 for the screen + 350 for the labour

and it takes 3-5 days ??

i said ,ok,just let me buy me the screen plz and il fit it my self

they asked if the phone is a AIS or TRUE model

i said AIS and they said the AIS screens are out of stock and thats why i cant get it for 3-5 days and apparently the other screen

is not the same

i use a custom rom anyway so could i use the other screen ? seems like everyone just gets a replacment screen from ebay and installs

that so i dont think these screens can be network specific

or can they ?

im not too worried about the warranty , i flashed a rom and voided the waranty within 24 hours of purchase but i know how to get rid of the yellow triangle and reset the counter back to zero if necessary

i just dont want to buy a screen that doesnt work

was there any visible differnce in the MBK screen and the original ?

3000 thb seems very cheap ,was it an original part (real super amoled under gorilla glass ) or a chinese copy ?

TT for all your ranting, you do have a good point that's often overlooked: Samsung service is shit.

I've had mixed experiences with their products - I have 4 Samsung LCD TVs (don't ask...) and only the most expensive had issues. The big one. I think we returned this LCD TV 4 times - 3 times at Siam TV, one time at the Samsung Service center in CM. The screen would intermittently go black. The problem was this only happened occasionally - often enough to be annoying though, at least 1x a day, making the TV rather useless.

At Siam TV every time they told us the main board had been replaced, and it was fixed now. Then, the same thing happened. At Samsung, same story. They "replaced" something, only the problem returned.

5th time was the charm as they sent someone to our house, picked up the TV, fixed it, and this time whatever they did worked. By that time the unit was nearly out of warranty so lucky this didn't happen a month later.

I had also complained to Samsung customer service in BKK, and sent them a very upset email - not sure that had anything to do with getting it fixed though as I never heard back.

PS: Dropped my iPhone 4 on the road a few times already, I guess I was lucky. Not a scratch on it... same gorilla glass...

PS: Dropped my iPhone 4 on the road a few times already, I guess I was lucky. Not a scratch on it... same gorilla glass...

i dropped mine a few times at differnt angles and it was fine but the most recent drop was the one that killed it :)

drop it face down onto an uneven cement floor in a car park and tell me how you get on ;)

i dropped mine a few times at differnt angles and it was fine but the most recent drop was the one that killed it :)

drop it face down onto an uneven cement floor in a car park and tell me how you get on ;)

Err... no thanks! It's glass after all.

• 8 months later...

The screen on my Samsung S2 cracked, but I don't recall dropping it. Just replaced the front screen (glass) at Tukcom in Pattaya yesterday. The first phone repair shop i went to quoted THB 6000. I thought this was excessive, so I went to more places for additional quotes. All were between THB 6000 - 6500,so I ended up changing the screen for 6000. My observation with the new screen is that it is lacklustre and certainly does not have the clear vivid colours and vibrancy of the original screen,so I can only conclude it is an expensive, cheap, Chinese copy. Should have just bought a new phone.

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Thaivisa Connect App