Avacodo'S

ciaociao

Avocado's what? And are you sure that Avocado wants to sell them anyway?

Or do you mean "avocados"? They have those in all the fruit and veg markets I've visited here.

Even that EasyVisa place on Pattaya TV has a superfluous apostrophe on his shop window sign. Where does it all start? Where will it all end? :(

Avocado's what? And are you sure that Avocado wants to sell them anyway?

Or do you mean "avocados"? They have those in all the fruit and veg markets I've visited here.

Even that EasyVisa place on Pattaya TV has a superfluous apostrophe on his shop window sign. Where does it all start? Where will it all end? :(

Where will it all end... Daryl?

B)

Wow....B20-25/kilo. Unreal. I'd eat one every day! Makro is where we get them. Sometimes, they are at the fresh markets also.

When we are there (wife Filipina) we usually do and make guacamole a couple times of week. Wife says during peak season they are so plentiful they use them as pig fodder.

Makro almost always has them, they were a better price than Big C extra although the best place to buy them is in Philippines they are only B20 - B25 per kilo. LOL

Philippine avocados are a totally different fruit compared to the Australian Hass avocados sold here. Sure, they look similar from the outside but they are not oily, somewhat watery and quite sweet. They won't cut it with foreigners needing a real avocado fix.

I seldom eat them in the Philippines, but eat a lot of Hass avocados over here despite their much higher cost.

Friendship Supermarket and Foodmart always carry them. They are usually priced between 39 and 49 baht each depending on season. Right now they are 49 baht at most places.

Edited by tropo

Haas avocados are sold at most grocery stores in Pattaya. Makro has the best selection and price when in season but can be expensive. The larger avocados which are much cheaper but not as flavorful are available year round. To make green avocado ripen quickly place them in a paper bag with a few bananas and they will be ripened naturally in a couple days. Bananas produce ethylene gas which causes fruit and vegetable to ripen more quickly. licklips.gif

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ethylene

To make green avocado ripen quickly place them in a paper bag with a few bananas and they will be ripened naturally in a couple days. Bananas produce ethylene gas which causes fruit and vegetable to ripen more quickly. licklips.gif

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ethylene

Good tip.

I'll have to give that a try.

thumbsup.gif