I Nearly Puked

KhunMarco

video

My comment on their youtube page:

This is what happens to the youth of a wonderful culture when it's polluted and contaminated by the worst influence of western materialism.

Wow you guys are really repulsive, but it's not your fault I guess.

Globalization sucks

go on and flame me like i'd give a flying thing...lol

Edited by KhunMarco

video

My comment on their youtube page:

This is what happens to the youth of a wonderful culture when it's polluted and contaminated by the worst influence of western materialism.

Wow you guys are really repulsive, but it's not your fault I guess.

Globalization sucks

go on and flame me like i'd give a flying thing...lol

errr.... Asians are much more materialist than Westerners in my book...

just a bunch of hiso youths having fun, what's the problem, exactly?

• Like 1

How they dare they have a good time. Obviously they have escaped from the rice paddies and no longer know their places. I have no idea why kids having a good time would make anyone "puke" !

• 1 month later...

So a group of university kids take a small holiday together and someone gets upset? Certainly better behaved, better groomed, and better looking than the those that show up in videos other kids will make on spring break in Ibiza or Daytona Beach. Let them have some harmless fun. I suspect someone is jealous of goodlooking kids full of fun and behaving nicely.

yes, of course it is a video of kids taking a little trip to Chiang Mai and having a good time. And for the kids, there is nothing wrong with it. My guess is that mom & dad paid for the trip - maybe there was a special reason (eg: birthday) maybe not. Beside the point anyway.

On the other hand, it is the expected result of a materialistic society - materialism is global now more than ever. Not that materialism is a new thing among those who can indulge in it.

But Chiang Mai is also filled with temples and culture which is lacking in this video. Not all kids would have made the same trip / had the same agenda for travel - which is the original "puke" point, I believe. Everything / everyone is conditioned. These kids, while they look to have had a good time, are the product of the society & families that raised them. One can't expect much else...

How can you judge if they went to a temple or not just by watching this video ?

You certainly don't know any of them to get the full story, temple are part of the whole Thailand while things they did in the video are what you get in Chiang Mai.

When you travel in your country do you visit every single church ? You never went for a burger anywhere and you never went to a night club ?

We all live in this materialistic society, we are all part of it using a computer to read this forum for example unless you live like an ermit you shouldnt judge the materialistic society you get the advantage of everyday.

To change the world we have to start by ourselves, spitting on others behavior wont lead anywhere (you and them both).

How can you judge if they went to a temple or not just by watching this video ?

You certainly don't know any of them to get the full story, temple are part of the whole Thailand while things they did in the video are what you get in Chiang Mai.

When you travel in your country do you visit every single church ? You never went for a burger anywhere and you never went to a night club ?

We all live in this materialistic society, we are all part of it using a computer to read this forum for example unless you live like an ermit you shouldnt judge the materialistic society you get the advantage of everyday.

To change the world we have to start by ourselves, spitting on others behavior wont lead anywhere (you and them both).

The use of a computer does not make someone part of the materialistic society, nor is observing that the kids are a result of their conditioning spitting on them or anyone.

As for visiting a museum or a cultural site, there is only the content of the video to go on, which, as pointed out, is what I suspect is the original poster's point. The focus of the video content is only on the self-gratification materialist side of having a good time. That's all.

And I know other kids who would have had & who would have shown a different itinerary. Temples in Chiang Mai are a big tourist attraction for Thai people, in the same way that tourists (even kids of this age) visit Notre Dame & Sacre Cœur or the Arc de Triophe / Etoile and the Eifel Tower when the go to Paris. Odds are that if they had visited museums or temples, then they would have filmed them.

Certainly, it does look like the kids had a good trip ... B)

lmao, exactly what I expected.

Not a <deleted> clue..lmao

You serious or what? you need to take a good look at yourself,if this clip made u puke,at what part in the clip did u feel unwell?

A nice group of young people behaving themselves,all smiling,as a lot of the Thais do here in Los??

You require serious help,you must lead a very boring life,if u live here in Los,if not get to the airport quick. n.t.r.

Staggered that two people can make a negative judgement on some kids having a trip away. More of an indictment on the OP and his supporter than on the kids themselves ermm.gif

Please do not read into my post a negative judgment of the kids. It is not intended as such at all. The kids clearly had a good time, and the video is really nicely done.

As the OP invited people to flame on him, you can see that some people have done so.

My comment is no more than to point out that kids are a product of their environment. It is not a problem with the kids, only a natural result of conditioning.

As adults, it is interesting for us (and important IMO) to be aware of our own materialism and how that image is transmitted to the younger generation.

Now, I am not proposing severe austerity. I think personally that the middle path is a pretty good one.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...