My Westie Has Lost Her Voice......Help !

Here's a question for the dog owners out there.

Since arriving in Thailand our Westie seems to have lost her voice/bark.

She was in the Kennels for about 5/6 weeks prior to flying over due to us changing potential homes from India to Thailand.

When she first arrived, her Westie bark had been replaced by a very low pitched gruff bark - somewhat like a much larger hound-like canine.

Now it is barely audible - she appears in good health otherwise - any ideas ?

I'm assuming it may be stress related - feel terrible that she had to wait so long - but I wondered if any of you have experienced this ?

ps Just to add - she has been vaccinated against Kennel Cough, has been here about 2 weeks now.

Edited by chonabot

She might have a sore throat. The first time I went away on vacation, my cocker spaniel barked so much he was hoarse by the time I came back. I can't remember how long it took for his "voice" to come back. Probably a few weeks.

She might have a sore throat. The first time I went away on vacation, my cocker spaniel barked so much he was hoarse by the time I came back. I can't remember how long it took for his "voice" to come back. Probably a few weeks.

Wow I got a reply :)

Cheers dotx , yes you are correct - we took her top the vet a few days ago and she got a shot of antibiotics - seems much better already :)

hoarse frmo constant barking; laryngitis sort of.... best to keep her in situations that she wont bark often... very common for dogs that are kennelled for long periods , or short periods but that are vocal dogs since one dog barks, then they all answer and its a cycle. also some dogs just bark from stress, all day long... neigbor's dog below us was kenneled for two weeks in a very good kennel here and she came back hoarse also... only now, about a month later is her regular bark coming back..