Phuket Gas Stations

emubob

Hi all,

Just a quick question to ask. On a recent trip to Krabi I stopped off at a gas station in Phang Nga that had a fantastic electronic tyre pressure machine. Basically just type in the PSI pressure you want and it does it all for you. Super easy, accurate and fast. I have never seen this before at any gas station on Phuket. Usually the machines are so old and meters broken so you never really know your true tyre pressure. Does anyone know of a gas station on the island that has one of these machines and where?

Cheers,

Emubob

All the shell stations have them.

its a stupid proof machine.

ad the new Ptt at Chao Fa west

they are great, but often broke, assume someone dont know how to use them

be aware of tyre temp when measuring pressure, no more than 5 km at 60 kmh before measuring cold tyre

simplest fix in TH with lousy pressure gauges around, is a 12Volt compressor plugging into cars lighter/poweroutlet. Preset desired pressure when car is parked with cold tyres, and you v got it within seconds or a minute.

car tyre pressure recomondation can in TH cars be found in drivers door sill

I bought a air pressure gauge at Big C, now I just pump the tyres up and release air until it fits. Easy solution for about 150 Baht. Might be a good idea to compare the measurement to the digital once for reference, though.

post-693-0-90153700-1324382634_thumb.jpg

Thanks for the replies so far everyone. The 3 Shell garages I frequent often, do not have the electronic machines Glenfaux. Unfortunately, neither do the Esso Garages or many of the others I use in and around Phuket Town. How much was the device you bought at Homeworks, Kenny?

Thanks again!

Edited by emubob

Thanks for the replies so far everyone. The 3 Shell garages I frequent often, do not have the electronic machines Glenfaux. Unfortunately, neither do the Esso Garages or many of the others I use in and around Phuket Town. How much was the device you bought at Homeworks, Kenny?

Thanks again!

I think it was about 1900 bht but not sure but around that mark, it's excellent!! it's called MY AND CARR, 3 in 1 digital air compressor 320 psi ..