New Immigration Bureau In Korat

normita

You can not avoid visa runs at an immigration office. What you can do is extend a tourist (60 day entry) for 30 days or perhaps a 30 day entry without visa by 10 days and apply for one year extension of stay if you meet the conditions. It does not remove the "visa run" for those with multi entry visas or who do not have a visa.

• 5 months later...
HI normita, ive posted several comments on the new Immigration office in Korat,in the visa section I think its still not in full operation..? may be some one else knows if its fully up and running yet..?

..... Mumbo

22 May 2006

I went to the Korat Immigration office today, and got their Korat-relevant brochure in Thai which I am translating and will put online at www.thekoratpost.com. This info should be online by 23 May 2006 latest.

Frank G Anderson

Founder, the Korat Post

:o

HI normita, ive posted several comments on the new Immigration office in Korat,in the visa section I think its still not in full operation..? may be some one else knows if its fully up and running yet..?

..... Mumbo

22 May 2006

I went to the Korat Immigration office today, and got their Korat-relevant brochure in Thai which I am translating and will put online at www.thekoratpost.com. This info should be online by 23 May 2006 latest.

Frank G Anderson

Founder, the Korat Post

:D

Dear Frank,

Could you please give me the location of the Korat Immigration Bureau, as I appear to be the only one who does know of it's existance. Also would you please forward me information on The Korat Post, my email is:- [email protected]

Many Thanks,

LAWMAN. (Bruce J Bennett)

:o

Dear Frank,

Could you please give me the location of the Korat Immigration Bureau, as I appear to be the only one who does know of it's existance. Also would you please forward me information on The Korat Post, my email is:- [email protected]

Many Thanks,

Huh! I think perhaps if you do a search on Korat immigration you may find that most of us do know about it's existence and have know for some time. It's just that up till now and it is still the case, they are only doing 90 day address reporting. We are all "anxiously" awaiting them to expand their services. :D

Their address, from "koratpost.com" is:

Korat Immigration office:

Association Building no. 19

Assumption College, Nakhonratchasima 30000

Tel. 044-247923, 247922

Dear Frank,

Many Thanks,

Huh! I think perhaps if you do a search on Korat immigration you may find that most of us do know about it's existence and have know for some time. It's just that up till now and it is still the case, they are only doing 90 day address reporting. We are all "anxiously" awaiting them to expand their services. :D

Tel. 044-247923, 247922

And a Huh! to you also Ken! I never doubted that MOST OF YOU, KNEW OF ITS EXISTANCE, ONLY THAT I DID NOT KNOW. If you had taken the trouble to read my queery correctly you would have know. Anyway, Thank you for the Info. :o

Dear Frank,

Many Thanks,

Tel. 044-247923, 247922

And a Huh! to you also Ken! I never doubted that MOST OF YOU, KNEW OF ITS EXISTANCE, ONLY THAT I DID NOT KNOW. If you had taken the trouble to read my queery correctly you would have know. Anyway, Thank you for the Info. :o

lawman

Huh! If you had taken the time to proof read your statement "I appear to be the only one who does know of it's existance." you would see that Ken was quite approriate in saying that you seem to know what the rest of us don't.

Thai Ranger

Edited by ThaiRanger

Dear Frank,

Many Thanks,

Tel. 044-247923, 247922

lawman

Huh! If you had taken the time to proof read your statement "I appear to be the only one who does know of it's existance." you would see that Ken was quite approriate in saying that you seem to know what the rest of us don't. However we really have know about the the Korat office for some time now.

Thai Ranger

Dear Frank,

Many Thanks,

Tel. 044-247923, 247922

Whoops. :D Didn't mean to strike a nerve. But, indeed you did write " as I appear to be the only one who does know of it's existance". Anyway, welcome to the "new" Korat expats club. :D

Has anyone actually used this office? There was some ambiguity a while back about whether it was actually open yet. In particular interested for extending one yr 'O' visa.

As previously stated. Yes I have used this office, but at the present time only for 90 Day Address reporting. The last word I had from someone there last week for an "Address Report" is that they still are not doing any kind of extensions or other visa "stuff" for Farang. They keep saying "later this year". :o My next address report is due June 13, so I'll have a "personal" update at that time. :D

Tks Ken - guess I'll have to traips down to Pattaya then :o

Sorry to put a damper on your Pattaya trip, but Phusing and Kab Cheong immigrations offices provide visa extension services. Phusing is probably 50 km from your place and Kab Cheong may be 150 km.

[Phusing and Kab Cheong immigrations offices provide visa extension services. Phusing is probably 50 km from your place and Kab Cheong may be 150 km.

I did check out the Imm Bureau website and found a number of reasonably local "Checkpoints" as they called them but these two weren't among them. I was also told that these offices could not do the one year extensions that I am after. However, it's worth a drive down to Phusing and see how I get on - tks for the advice.

• 2 weeks later...

And, yesterday I did my 90 day address report at the Korat Immigration Office. When I arrived they all (20 to 25 people) were outside in military formation, full dress uniform (yellow shirts for the King). They were "chanting" some tributes and a lady was taking photos. I sat down outside and a few minutes later they were done. I was "guided" upstairs and chatted with the same guy who did my last report. Everyone smiled and appeared friendly.

Yes, I asked the "obvious" questions about when extensions, re-entry permits would be able to be done. The officer said it would be "2 or 3 years" before they would be ready. This story is starting to sound like the running thread of "Is There A Tesco Lotus In Loei? :o

I went with my wife down to the Phu Sing Imm Office today to extend my non-imm O. No problems at all - they even offered us a cup of coffee whilst we were waiting.

As anticipated - they offered me the option of "one stop service" for visa based on retirement or come back next month for one based on marriage. I opted for marriage. For the retirement option I would have to go round the corner for a medical cert. One piece of paper I didn't have was a letter from bank to support my passbook balance - they said no prob. just post it to us later and in the meantime we will process your app. and they gave me a copy of what they wanted from the bank - now sorted.

A really helpful office which I would recommend.

• 10 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Yes, they are processing one-year extensions now. A friend of mine did it the other day.

Does that mean they can do a 7 day extension also? Does it matter how close to my visa expiration to get the extension? My visa expires on May 18th and I only need until the 25th.

Thanks for any help