Suzuki Inazuma - Gw250

RED21

I always wondered why no one sells an up to date Japanese standard type of bike here.

All I see are old SR400s and Kawasaki GTOs.

Seems a market segment ripe for the picking and Suzuki could use the market presence in Thailand.

If anyone is listening from Suzuki, I suggest you bring back the Raider underbone.

Make a Raider 175 for less than the price of a PCX and you'll sell a good deal in Thailand.

• 4 months later...

Looking for options in the 250cc class.

Are there any news if/when Suzuki starts selling the Gw250 in Thailand?

An alternative may be the Sym Wolf SB250Ni. Someone knows more about its avaiability/price?

SB250%20RH.jpg

Both bikes are a bit heavy compared to CBR250 and Ninjette, but they also seem to be more complete equiped (e.g. gear indicator, fuel gauge, radiator protector, ... all the things a real biker not need wink.png

you can have whatever bike you want in thailand ,you bring a deposit to the importers an show them what youre after and someone will order it for you from japan ,europe or america

you wil have to jump through some hoops to get it road legal but most of that can be taken care off by the importers themselves

A friend of a friend just imported a very rare harley from the states and its roughly 40-45 years old ,i dont know how it can pass emission testing but someone is getting it done for him in another province :D

if you dont mind paying the premium ,theres not much you cant have in thailand .......

Paying already enough income tax. No need to pay import tax and greenbook for a cheap 250cc bike. Too much hassle for me.

I am looking for an officially sold bike with warranty, green book and a mechanic for the worst case. But please not a Honda or a Kawasaki if possible laugh.png

Paying already enough income tax. No need to pay import tax and greenbook for a cheap 250cc bike. Too much hassle for me.

I am looking for an officially sold bike with warranty, green book and a mechanic for the worst case. But please not a Honda or a Kawasaki if possible laugh.png

warranty service for any new company entering the market is going to be shaky at best and probably terrible at worst

kym ,keway ,lifan.ryuka ,gps,platinum and a few others are now selling bikes here ,dont leave home without a tool box and service manual kinda bikes and full body armour in case the wheels fall off ...... but cheap all the same

if suzuki or yamaha lauched some mid - size bikes id be interested ,i wont be tempted to buy chinese crap again after owning a tiger

I was asking for the Suzuki and the Sym Wolf SB250Ni. I consider Sym bikes to have at least the same quality than Japanese bikes made in Thailand. Service should not be a big problem as long as i stay in Bangkok. And Sym has good Service manuals available. Hoping to find one for the Wolf 250 if needed sometimes :)

I was asking for the Suzuki and the Sym Wolf SB250Ni. I consider Sym bikes to have at least the same quality than Japanese bikes made in Thailand. Service should not be a big problem as long as i stay in Bangkok. And Sym has good Service manuals available. Hoping to find one for the Wolf 250 if needed sometimes smile.png

how much does it cost ? a bike like that would have to be way cheaper than its equivalent from honda

for me to consider it ,you only lose about 15% depreciation on a used honda ,on a bike from a non famous name

manufacturer you may lose 50%

maybe lose around 25-30% if you buy an overpriced kawasaki 250

the wolf 250 looks like a good bike ,but i havent seen anyone riding one yet

how much does it cost ? a bike like that would have to be way cheaper than its equivalent from honda

for me to consider it ,you only lose about 15% depreciation on a used honda ,on a bike from a non famous name

manufacturer you may lose 50%

maybe lose around 25-30% if you buy an overpriced kawasaki 250

I buy my bikes because i like them and want to keep them. I do not buy a bike with selling value and deprecation calculations in mind. People doing this usually buy a CBR250 or Ninjette :)

The Sym Wolf was priced around 120k - 130k Baht on the Bangkok Bike Festival this year. This i remember. Just wanted to ask if anyone knows more about launch of Gw250 or Wolf250 in Thailand.

I was asking for the Suzuki and the Sym Wolf SB250Ni. I consider Sym bikes to have at least the same quality than Japanese bikes made in Thailand. Service should not be a big problem as long as i stay in Bangkok. And Sym has good Service manuals available. Hoping to find one for the Wolf 250 if needed sometimes smile.png

Sym bikes and scooters have been available in Europe for quite a while now and have built a reputation for reliability every bit as strong as the Japanese brands. I`ve seen the Wolf and also the Maxsym 400i scooter in the flesh and the build quality and paint finish looks superior IMHO to the Thai made Japanese bikes. I think you could make long trips on the Sym bikes without worrying about reliability.

Suzuki only sells two bike bikes in Thailand, the Hayabusa and the GSXR 1000.

http://www.thaisuzuki.co.th/suzukiworld/product.php

It would make absolutely no sense whatsoever for Suzuki to import a 250cc bike to Thailand because it would be massively overpriced compared to the Thai-manufactured 250cc bikes like the Kawasaki Ninjette 250 and the Honda CBr' 250.

Suzuki only sells two bike bikes in Thailand, the Hayabusa and the GSXR 1000.

Yep, i knew this but forgot it. TiT. Thanks. Good to have a forum with helpful hands biggrin.png

Then only availability and price of Sym Wolf SB250Ni remains unclear. I may will go for a visit to Sym Bkk if noone knows. Very interesting bikes. The 260cc scooter also looks interesting for around 150k Baht.