Changing Companies - What Happens To Existing Work Permit.

I believe what happens is your previous employer cancels your work permit and you have to go through the entire process again with the new company. This may involve leaving the country to obtain another B type Visa. Apparently you can obtain one here but I have been told that its legitimacy is questionable. Be careful as the second your work permit is cancelled I believe you are now in over stay territory. You either have to leave the country the same day it is cancelled or apply for another visa to cover the time in Thailand.

I could be wrong but to be sure I believe all the information you require will be on a website somewhere.

Sorry I can’t be of much assistance but due to the possible overstay issue I recommend you find the correct information as soon as possible.

My question is related to same issue.

I'm on my third extension. 2 extension was based to married to a Thai and working in Thailand. The last extension is based on work (for a BOI company).

My company was flooded and is expected to shut down in a month or 2. I understand that the day my employment ends, I need to leave Thailand or extend my visa by 7 days for 1900 baht. After I extended it by 7 days or the day my employment ends, can I extend my stay by 60 days for visiting spouse (1900 baht)? 60 days is sufficient to get a new work permit for a new job.

Changing from one employer to another, same province. Due they re-issue a new work permit or just add new details to existing one ?

Your work permit will be cancelled. Your Visa/ extension is also cancelled and you have 24 hours to leave the country. You can apply for an extension on your visa of stay to remain a further 7 days.

My advice would be to ask your company to sort this for you if you can, including the 7 day extension.

You're then back to square 1 on starting the visa process for your new company. Obtain non-immig B to get a new work permit etc etc.

Would suggest you ask the mods to move this to the Visa section. There are some knowledgeable guys on there up to date with all these matters, who don't necessarily post much on the business section.

My question is related to same issue.

I'm on my third extension. 2 extension was based to married to a Thai and working in Thailand. The last extension is based on work (for a BOI company).

My company was flooded and is expected to shut down in a month or 2. I understand that the day my employment ends, I need to leave Thailand or extend my visa by 7 days for 1900 baht. After I extended it by 7 days or the day my employment ends, can I extend my stay by 60 days for visiting spouse (1900 baht)? 60 days is sufficient to get a new work permit for a new job.

I don't think you can extend for 60 days visiting spouse. In a similar situation to you I was on a business/work extension then changed the extension to being based on married to a Thai. They extended for 30 days while it is "under review", then I had to go back and they gave me the full year.

You don't actually need the 7 day extension, and can save the 1,900 baht fee if you can manage to get your work permit cancelled (morning) and visa extension done say in the afternoon. i.e cut straight from business/work extension to extension based on marriage to a Thai

The thread I asked questions on will answer many of yours.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/458635-non-immig-b-convert-to-marriage-visa/page__p__4341661#entry4341661

Again I'd suggest checking the visa section on here, and asking mods to move the threads... )