Oatmeal

sunshinegirl

Probably the only western food I have never had a problem getting in Thailand

Quaker Oats, both Instant and Regular, is available at Foodland, Friendship Store, Makro, and Villa

Yes there is plenty of oats have porridge every day but no Oatmeal. Oatmeal is milled differently and is finer like a ruskoline you use for a crumbed batter....Seemingly they are having problems getting it in UK so likely no chance getting it here. Thanks for replies.

Probably the only western food I have never had a problem getting in Thailand

Quaker Oats, both Instant and Regular, is available at Foodland, Friendship Store, Makro, and Villa

Yes there is plenty of oats have porridge every day but no Oatmeal. Oatmeal is milled differently and is finer like a ruskoline you use for a crumbed batter....Seemingly they are having problems getting it in UK so likely no chance getting it here. Thanks for replies.

I always thought it was the same thing, Anyway you can get oats just about everywhere. If you can get organic oats i would get them as they are far better. Great food for overall health.

If oatmeal is finely ground oats then presumably porridge oats + a few seconds in a grinder would produce oatmeal?

I've made stuffing and meatloaf (haslet) with porridge oats and both turned out well. Porridge oats disintegrate when cooked so the end result is quite fine but still has some texture.

If oatmeal is finely ground oats then presumably porridge oats + a few seconds in a grinder would produce oatmeal?

I've made stuffing and meatloaf (haslet) with porridge oats and both turned out well. Porridge oats disintegrate when cooked so the end result is quite fine but still has some texture.

Thanks Darrel was thinking I could try blitzing porridge oats and giving it a trial run. Oh its a while since I've had Haslet .Love it.

Thanks Darrel was thinking I could try blitzing porridge oats and giving it a trial run. Oh its a while since I've had Haslet .Love it.

I eventually found some in Foodland.Looks slightly finer but beggars cant be chosers...Thanks