Police Rule 'Suicide' On Phuket Yacht Death

webfact

The problem with these stories is that people speculate without knowledge of all of the facts. Questions that should be asked are along the lines of;

-financial status of the deceased

-did the deceased have a terminal or chronic health condition

-had the deceased indicated depression

- had the deceased been involved in a life changing dispute, e.g. domestic spat

Due to Thailand attracting a higher concentration of foreigners that are either mentally disturbed or physically impaired, or financially limited, it is to be expected that there will be a related higher incidence of suicide. I am sorry to say that a great many of the deaths people question really are indeed suicides. Due to privacy issues and poor reporting methods, full details are often not released. After all, how would you feel if you read that your dad that had a mysterious fall off a balcony had serious financial issues combined with a chronic health condition topped up by alcoholism?

Just for all the speculators, keyboard warriors and other equally unqualified people who are or will view this thread, the reason that this man died was due to suicide. This was established long before the "flatfeet" arrive to muddy the scene. The clues leading to this conclusion were that certain prior effort was made to ensure that this would be a successful act. The reasons for this very well liked and respected man to decide to take his life, will never be known. I am proud to say that he was a friend and work mate of mine, and many others and my sympathy goes out to his wife and family. RIP Les.

Is this the first case of someone committing suicide by putting a plastic bag over their head?

No,there were several more a few years ago in Pattaya,but those guys even managed to tie their own hands behind their back.

Actually I think you'll find that hands were behind the back in handcuffs. Easy enough to do yourself and prevents self-removal of plastic bag.

Maybe you should do a search on TV for those cases and you will find out that most of the victims hands were tied together with electrical tape.

Is this the first case of someone committing suicide by putting a plastic bag over their head?

No,there were several more a few years ago in Pattaya,but those guys even managed to tie their own hands behind their back.

Actually I think you'll find that hands were behind the back in handcuffs. Easy enough to do yourself and prevents self-removal of plastic bag.

Maybe you should do a search on TV for those cases and you will find out that most of the victims hands were tied together with electrical tape.

The problem with these stories is that people speculate without knowledge of all of the facts. Questions that should be asked are along the lines of;

-financial status of the deceased

-did the deceased have a terminal or chronic health condition

-had the deceased indicated depression

- had the deceased been involved in a life changing dispute, e.g. domestic spat

Due to Thailand attracting a higher concentration of foreigners that are either mentally disturbed or physically impaired, or financially limited, it is to be expected that there will be a related higher incidence of suicide. I am sorry to say that a great many of the deaths people question really are indeed suicides. Due to privacy issues and poor reporting methods, full details are often not released. After all, how would you feel if you read that your dad that had a mysterious fall off a balcony had serious financial issues combined with a chronic health condition topped up by alcoholism?

So you have to be insane to want to come to Thailand?violin.gif

He had a motive for being on the boat. He had the right and permission to be there. The timing of the storm accounts for his presence at that specific time.

All of which negates suicide.

Suicide is done when you have the time. Not when you are out shopping and busy.

Yet we are expected to accept a man on a mission thiks he'll kill himself instead.

And then there's the method which all of us in our darkest movements have thought we'd do it with a plastic bag. Obvious choice. As obvious as Wolves beating Liverpool. A plastic bag then. No pills or booze and a gentle slip into oblivion.

No.

Preferring to die slowly by way of suffocation, conscious, writhing on the floor fighting for breath. Sure. Wolves 3 Man City 0. Make that 4. And away from home too.

On a yacht where the booze is free and 50 baht buys enough strong pain killers to send you off and the rest of a football team too.

No sign of robbery. Well allow to me summise but then I thought yachts were all about compact fittings, fastened down furniture etc, in fact nothing that isn't nailed, screwed, glued down. The sea, if I remember correctly, tends to go up and down. Hence, yacht furnishings down.

Then again he won't have ridden there by bike so that won't have been left knocked over. No shopping thrown around as he didn't live there; no ironing to do, TV to watch or drawers to empty.

Then there's no note.

Going to all that trouble to get there to kill yourself would at least warrant a 'goodbye'.

But the considered view of the police is suicide.

Makes less paperwork then.

I give up.

It sounds like the police don't have to.They never start.

Hopeless.

Some poor sod is wiped out and they can't be arsed as life is cheap and farang life is cheapest.

He had a motive for being on the boat. He had the right and permission to be there. The timing of the storm accounts for his presence at that specific time.

Yet we are expected to accept a man on a mission thiks he'll kill himself instead.

And then there's the method which all of us in our darkest movements have thought we'd do it with a plastic bag. Obvious choice. As obvious as Wolves beating Liverpool. A plastic bag then. No pills or booze and a gentle slip into oblivion.

No.

Preferring to die slowly by way of suffocation, conscious, writhing on the floor fighting for breath. Sure. Wolves 3 Man City 0. Make that 4. And away from home too.

On a yacht where the booze is free and 50 baht buys enough strong pain killers to send you off and the rest of a football team too.

No sign of robbery. Well allow to me summise but then I thought yachts were all about compact fittings, fastened down furniture etc, in fact nothing that isn't nailed, screwed, glued down. The sea, if I remember correctly, tends to go up and down. Hence, yacht furnishings down.

Then again he won't have ridden there by bike so that won't have been left knocked over. No shopping thrown around as he didn't live there; no ironing to do, TV to watch or drawers to empty.

Then there's no note.

Going to all that trouble to get there to kill yourself would at least warrant a 'goodbye'.

I give up.

Hopeless.

Some poor sod is wiped out and they can't be arsed as life is cheap and farang life is cheapest.

Maybe you should write a mystery novel? What a load of tripe... The man is dead, may he rest in peace!

No.

Then there's no note.

I give up.

Hopeless.

Maybe you should write a mystery novel? What a load of tripe... The man is dead, may he rest in peace!

i actually thought his post was spot on, and if anyone in the force had a brain for criminal investigation, then they might be thinking the same thing...

wasnt there a policeman a few weeks ago who concluded his son must have died from the cold ( 26oc ) , see its not only the ferang they dont give a shit about, its everyone, they are NOT POLICE like in the western world, but CORRUPT mafia types who are only in the job to earn Back handers and protection money

No.

Then there's no note.

I give up.

Hopeless.

i actually thought his post was spot on, and if anyone in the force had a brain for criminal investigation, then they might be thinking the same thing...

wasnt there a policeman a few weeks ago who concluded his son must have died from the cold ( 26oc ) , see its not only the ferang they dont give a shit about, its everyone, they are NOT POLICE like in the western world, but CORRUPT mafia types who are only in the job to earn Back handers and protection money

Would all of this speculation prevented his death? This isn't the western world... I've never had any problem with the police since I moved here. Have you? I do have a few pretty good stories about them though...

Edited by Jimi007

People take their own lives for many reasons, and frequently they want it to look as though it was done by others. Few who do commit suicide are not mentally disturbed, mostly not long term, but it is done on the spur of the moment, some as a 'payback' to hurt someone else, hence the expression 'long term solution to a short term problem'. It is also done to 'cheat' diseases like cancer which is frequently a very painful death.

It may not have been suicide. The plastic bag may have been over his head as part of an autoerotic experience. See this in Wikipedia, and whilst it is only a clip from Wiki which is not always accurate, this is quite so

A few autoerotic practices are considered unsafe, sometimes even leading to death.[5] These include autoerotic asphyxiation and self-bondage. The potential for injury or even death that exists while engaging in these practices rather than the partnered versions (erotic asphyxiation and bondage, respectively) becomes drastically increased due to the isolation and lack of assistance in the event of a problem.

There have been many who have died during such experiences, Michael Hutchence the lead singer of INXS, and a British politician whose name I've forgotten were high profile, well publicized cases.

The Thai police may have what is seen as a poor record when investigating farang deaths, but unless you know a LOT more than is printed in a newspaper, I don't think anybody is in a position to make a judgement.

Edited by F4UCorsair

Of course it wasn't suicide!

The Americans never landed on the moon!

911 was carried out by the government!

Elvis faked his own death and a UFO really did crash at Area 51 in Nevada. Where do you think Velcro comes from?

This sums it all up! clap2.gif

If a person has life insurance that will go to a nominee probably children or wife then they can go to extraordinary lengths to make it look like a murder.

A specific case come to mind of a man they found with a gunshot wound to the head (usa) however there was no gun at the scene so police started a murder investigation.

A short time later a gun was found several miles away attached to a helium filled balloon/s

Very creative don't you think?

Creative, twisted way to make a murder resemble a possible suicide?

Women tend to prefer 'pills' - I can't say I've heard of any cases of a woman committing suicide by putting a plastic bag over her head. Once suffocating, its hard to imagine anyone (never mind how desperate to die), not just ripping the bag off their head to breathe.

Is there any evidence that this poor guy used some sort of gas to 'knock himself out' after putting the bag on his head?

Plastic bag over the head is a standard torture technic in Thailand.

Used to extract information or confessions - often goes wrong when the bag isn't removed in time.

A Burmesse I know was given this treatment a couple of years ago, survived but described it as very frightning.

Land of crimes and suicides crazy.gif . Let's see how long it takes before many understand that grass is greener on the other side of borders of Thailand.

People will learn it finally?...I doubt, so that's also why I keep coming guitar.gif year after year... Live in Thailand...naah, there is still better places to do that

one and keep "vest" on the coat rack wai.gif