Television Packages

Lobo4819

Other than movies and some special sporting events, I could do without the television altogether. Of course, my wife loves the Thai soaps and games shows. When I asked a True rep at Big C about the various packages, she told me that you buy a dish - a one-time purchase - and there is no monthly fee thereafter. The variety of programming depends on the color of the dish you purchase. Hard to believe the companies forego all the monthly revenue, and wanted to check to see if anyone has experience with a package that will deliver Thai soaps and game shows, along with some newer movies and sports in English, and if I can really get lucky maybe Discovery and History channels. Feedback please?

UBC does offer all that you are looking for, but you are going to have to pay if you want history, discovery, sport etc.

My wife has the free service in her shop. She gets all the Thai channels plus some music and a variety of other Thai channels.

I think she paid something like 3000B for the dish and receiver installed. The free service also has Fox both in Thai and in English, I watch this when I'm in her shop. For free not bad. For me I would get minimum gold i believe this gives you History and discovery.

Google True UBC and their website will advise all the channels you get for each package and how much per month, really for what you get it's expensive.

Ask your neighbors what is best in your area. We loved We TV when we lived on the east side near the river, but now that we're in a high-rise condo near Kad Suan Kaew we've found that the local building's source for "Openbox/DreambOx" to be good. The key is to ask around your neighborhood.

Ask your neighbors what is best in your area. We loved We TV when we lived on the east side near the river, but now that we're in a high-rise condo near Kad Suan Kaew we've found that the local building's source for "Openbox/DreambOx" to be good. The key is to ask around your neighborhood.

If he buys a satellite it wont matter what area he is in.

Have checked out online the TrueLife Freeview package from TrueVisions.

It states no monthly fee, and can pay only for the month(s) you wish to watch for selected channels. Just send SMS to activate the signal.

Anyone doing this? Whats the costs? Can you pay for any of the channels on their list or what? Its not clear (to me) on their website.

http://www.truevisionstv.com/package.aspx?id=37

In particular, I would be wanting to view Premiership footie, (plus other big matches/internationals)

News in English

Bloomberg

English movies

Any ideas anybody?