Thailand Live Friday 11 October 2024

3. 174

Why do retirees marry in Thailand ?

4. 73

Foreign Tour Operators Flood Phuket, Taking Jobs from Locals

5. 2

Afghan Man charged with Election day terror plot

6. 1

Double-Ten Retailer Promotions: 10-10 is a Chinese Holiday. So, why is this big DEAL here?

7. 0

93-Year-Old Woman Crawls into Sakae Krang River & is Missing While Daughter Sleeps

8. 25

Pattaya Police Raid Poker Gambling Ring, Arrest 9 Foreign Players

9. 25

Pattaya Police Raid Poker Gambling Ring, Arrest 9 Foreign Players

10. 2

Former Aussie cop’s epic run across Thailand for tsunami victims

11. 7

Thailand triumphs in UN Human Rights council bid

12. 2

Donald Trump’s New Tax Promise: Eliminating Income Taxes for Americans Abroad

Another Excellent Meal At Delizza

rmicheald

My wife and I had our Christmas dinner with John and Shawn. Another excellent dinner with:

Turkey,

Ham,

Mashed Potatoes,

Stuffing,

Candied Yams

Roll,

great gravy,

and our choice of two pieces of pie from Key Lime - Pecan - Chocolate Cream - Banana Cream

I was offered "seconds" but was too full even though It tasted so good I wanted to eat more.

We originally had plans to eat elsewhere, but those fell through and my wife commented: " I am glad we could come here. I am never dissapointed in the food here" - this from a Thai...

Great Job, John and Shawn

An inappropriate post has been removed from view and a member has received a warning for this.

Per forum rules:

In using Thai Visa I agree:

1) To respect fellow members.

4) Not to flame fellow members.

Flaming will not be tolerated. 'Flaming' is defined as posting or responding to a message in a way clearly intended to incite useless arguments, to launch personal attacks, to insult, or to be hateful towards other members. This includes useless criticism, name-calling, swearing and any other comments meant to incite anger.

7) Not to post slurs or degrading comments directed towards any group on the basis of race, nationality, religion, gender or sexual orientation.

jap.gif

I didn't know what shilling meant (other than referring to an out-of-date UK unit of currency), so I looked it up. Apparently, a shill is another way of referring to a stooge.

I think some of the restaurant reviews here lately are starting to merit this adjective.

Simon

And how much did John & Shawn charge for this excellent repast?

This from an Englishman.

Are you from Leeds perchance?

Nah, London.

It was the pompous inference that his Thai wife is (might be for all I know) a local inspector for Michelin Star

And how much did John & Shawn charge for this excellent repast?

Possibly the OP's meal was a freebie anyway.

Is anyone else suspicious of glowing reports that refer to the owners by their first names?

Be as suspicious as you want. They are personable hosts, and I knew Shawn from when he was a Purple space monkey. I was in the restaurant business for a number of years and am just giving "Kudos" to an establishment that is customer oriented and has good food.

If you think there are ulterior motives or a dishonest review...UP TO YOU.

If you don't check it out - your loss - and more for me...

Be as suspicious as you want. ........

If you don't check it out - your loss - and more for me...

I'm not suspicious, I was just wondering.

The likelihood of me paying 500B for

"Turkey, Ham, Mashed Potatoes, Stuffing, Candied Yams, Roll, great gravy, two pieces of pie"

is zero anyway, so no loss there.

Thai noodles and some cheap rice whiskey are much more reasonable for Chistmas dinner.

Probably so, but that's not what I had either.

I cooked my own roast potatoes and gravy, and had them with roast duck and stir-fried vegetables from a local vendor. (When in Rome .....)

Followed by a Tesco Xmas pudding with real home-made custard, all washed down with a bottle of Chateauneuf-du-Pape Blanc that I brought back specially for the occasion.

The starter was some giant prawns from the market.

And not a yam in sight. angry.png

Had I sold tickets they would have been at least 1000B each.