Finally Decided For The Chevy Captiva

yannic

Ford Grenada never had a D.M. , i refer to a Spivo, not a YoYo auto box , jeeez it sounds crap without a maths lesson.. I broke bands to when i was a Kid with a Buick. And the "Short Thing" falls off the Seat in a Golf Cart. Still no Complaints here as yet to "The Clutches are Clucked" on my new Ranger. Gime an Old Transit any day.. Like i said No Distances Driven. Range Rovers Chew em Up., and most trucks here are old stock Spec, so no DMF.crazy.gif

For the money the OP is prepared to spend, or has already spend, Id get a used Volvo XC90 and be done with it. And live happily ever after. And ride in comfort and style as well of course.

Be done with it, would be an appropriate expression if he did what you suggest. However not in the way you think.

Chevy sales guy just called me, have problem, rear view camera, can not, install difficult, technician can not, may damage car, will give 10k instead. Ha ha ha haven't laughed for a while. Now they found out that the price and installation is a bit pricier as what they thought and try to back out. So what should I do? Get the discount or try to get a higher discount or insist on the rear view camera, they may really mess up the installation. But I actually think it is just an excuse.

Why do you need a rear view camara? are you unable to use mirrors? or do you like to see the dog or cat you have just run over doing somersaults!! lol

Just goes to show how stupid WRC car builders are. An EVO with an Auto Box , shure fire floor wiper , they sure aint listened to you have they. cheesy.gif ,Sequential rules for performance boxes with durability.Seems i know some strange Thai Vigo non race drivers who use them as trucks , they all say 1St is low to shift 1Ton forward on a Hill Start, you would look a bit of a dick head stuck on a Mountain Road,chucking the Village Out the Back. Its a Crawler Gear even if it hurts a Truckie Ego.Just stop trying to deny a Vigo its not a 35 Y.O. truck with bits added , nothing wrong with that either is there.coffee1.gif

Just goes to show how stupid WRC car builders are. An EVO with an Auto Box , shure fire floor wiper , they sure aint listened to you have they. cheesy.gif ,Sequential rules for performance boxes with durability.Seems i know some strange Thai Vigo non race drivers who use them as trucks , they all say 1St is low to shift 1Ton forward on a Hill Start, you would look a bit of a dick head stuck on a Mountain Road,chucking the Village Out the Back. Its a Crawler Gear even if it hurts a Truckie Ego.Just stop trying to deny a Vigo its not a 35 Y.O. truck with bits added , nothing wrong with that either is there.coffee1.gif

ws you must have a slow morning, vigo auto is 2,8 to 1, the same as city/jazz, vios/yaris, mazda2 and the lot. but the vigo diesel is slightly stronger, thus the ability to pull +5 ton. vigo crawls to 100kmh in 1st and 2nd within the same 10 seconds as the mazda2 in 1st and 2nd, major difference is vigo does it loaded with 800Kg, my mazda2 does not

Its like talking to Grange Hill !!!!, A VIP Bus aint slow either., horses for courses Man.I enjoy a Normall Pick Up. a fine Mazda 3, a Camrey/Accord/City you name it and each has its good points. What i dont like is pretending an Mitsu G.T. Car is something on par with an Evo, some posters here if they had one would pretend its nearly as good you must admit.. Wont be long before you are all Ranger and its up to GT 40 Standards.cheesy.gif

Its like talking to Grange Hill !!!!, A VIP Bus aint slow either., horses for courses Man.I enjoy a Normall Pick Up. a fine Mazda 3, a Camrey/Accord/City you name it and each has its good points. What i dont like is pretending an Mitsu G.T. Car is something on par with an Evo, some posters here if they had one would pretend its nearly as good you must admit.. Wont be long before you are all Ranger and its up to GT 40 Standards.cheesy.gif

evo and lancer Gt has one thing in common, the shell

35 yo pickups and todays highend pickups have one thing in common, the shape

and auto pickups still do no come with crawler 1st auto, the 4x4 comes with a low series tho, as does Range Rover

and a Ranger with 260hp and 600Nm isnt a Gt 40, but will perform nicely, even tho the 6 speed getrag doesnt have a crawler 1st auto

Dont care what you call it my ride feels like a crawler gear its revs are max out in secs, the old 2Door Manual felt better , when i was a Pup.. I'm a 2 Foot Auto Dork. I'm not an Auto Fan as you may have noticed, only good for Bkk Hold ups , i change manuall and constantly clonk it about. On the open road the Auto never drops down for ages with a Big Lump Oiler, so i dont care if its auto or not. Perfect where you are, but so is a Red 2 in my book.coffee1.gif

Dont care what you call it my ride feels like a crawler gear its revs are max out in secs, the old 2Door Manual felt better , when i was a Pup.. I'm a 2 Foot Auto Dork. I'm not an Auto Fan as you may have noticed, only good for Bkk Hold ups , i change manuall and constantly clonk it about. On the open road the Auto never drops down for ages with a Big Lump Oiler, so i dont care if its auto or not. Perfect where you are, but so is a Red 2 in my book.coffee1.gif

As it has been explained here that the auto in first gear will cover a greater distance than a manual, if your auto is high revving very quickly then you have a quick ride or perhaps a problem. cowboy.gif

• 2 weeks later...

so here finally a few pictures of my new Captiva, I am really happy with it. Yeah the gasoline consumption is high so, but since I am not driving too much, I am ok with it. The NA|VI is ok but there are better ones, which have line selection for example.

Aside from this its a great car.

Captiva-01.jpg

Captiva-02.jpg

Captiva-03.jpg

Captiva-04.jpg

Captiva-05.jpg

Captiva-06.jpg

Hmmmmm, twin tail pipes, is it the 7.4 litre big block Chevy version licklips.gif .

I've never understood twin pipes on anything but V-engines. Is the sound any different than through a single pipe? To me it's just adding unwanted kilograms. Apart from that it's a nice looking vehicle:)