Apple Tv Sucks.. Not Authorized To View Someting

MisterMan

Great I just had an Apple TV carried from the US to here. Paid for a movie rental and now it says my APPLE TV is not authorized.. blah blah blah.

MY apple account is in the US so I set my TV for the US.

What a piece of crap.. I have some movies on my computer that wont even import into itunes.

And now am I going to be charged for this movie I cant watch? Whats the point of having it. urg

THank you

Correct, I worked today..

still not sure the entire function of it. I like that i can rent movies and they are hd quality and just saves the hassle of downloading from usenet/torrent but I have some movies in other formats that CAN be viewed in front row but not on ITV.

How and what do you guys use it?

Any hacks to get netflix? I do have a us netflix account..

You can use a VPN service that has a server in the USA to get Netflix. I like Witopia, as it's reasonably priced, fast, and you can select from dozens of different servers located in different countries. A big benefit is that if you are traveling and using public networks, a VPN will secure your connection and preclude ill-intentioned sniffers.

Witopia really isn't complicated at all to use and their support is exceptional in case you do have any problems. A VPN will make any outbound connects appear that they are someone from the VPN server. In this case, if you connect to Netflix through one of Witopia's US servers, Netflix will see the connection coming from that server and deliver the content. Same for Hulu.

Here is a thread on Apple support discussions regarding the use of Witopia and AppleTV. There are probably others if you want to search for them.

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/2598421?start=0&tstart=0