Mysterious Disappearance Of Patongs Soi Dogs

geriatrickid

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We don't live in Patong but street or feral dogs were certainly a problem in Chalong and also Kathu 3 years ago

Its odd how we all have such different perceptions of soi dogs.

I live in Rawai but (obviously) travel to Chalong frequently for bits and pieces I need. Can't say I've EVER been threatened by any soi dog anywhere, let alone a pack of them!

I cant vouch for Patong however there a plenty soi dogs in BKK.

What I see are a lot of very sick and uncared for dogs. God knows how much they are suffering with worms and fleas, a lot of the older dogs are barley walking crippled with arthritis.

Best thing to do is round em all up and put em down, even the younger ones will end up the same, its no dogs life out on the sois.

We don't live in Patong but street or feral dogs were certainly a problem in Chalong and also Kathu 3 years ago

Its odd how we all have such different perceptions of soi dogs.

I live in Rawai but (obviously) travel to Chalong frequently for bits and pieces I need. Can't say I've EVER been threatened by any soi dog anywhere, let alone a pack of them!

They just lurk near garbage bags and only seem aggressive when walking past the garbage area.

Its normal dog behavior, try to touch any domesticated dog while they chew on a bone and you're likely to get growled at or nipped.

Soi dogs get a bad rep because they are unsightly with mainge and emaciated which gives the image of a slum.

<snip>, try to touch any domesticated dog while they chew on a bone and you're likely to get growled at or nipped.

Yes, I can agree with that with our last very good natured domestic home pet. Get in the way of food and ......

Depends (again) on the owner.

I've taken the time and effort to ensure that NONE of my dogs would even growl if I remove their bone, food etc. Not sure they'd be as tolerant to strangers though...

They just lurk near garbage bags and only seem aggressive when walking past the garbage area.

Its normal dog behavior, try to touch any domesticated dog while they chew on a bone and you're likely to get growled at or nipped.

Soi dogs get a bad rep because they are unsightly with mainge and emaciated which gives the image of a slum.

i have been able to take the food out of the mouth of every dog i have owned without a problem. I dont think many dogs would bite their owner, unless they think they are top dog.

i have been able to take the food out of the mouth of every dog i have owned without a problem. I dont think many dogs would bite their owner, unless they think they are top dog.

Exactly. Food aggression (to their owner) is just the first step towards further aggression and belief that they are the 'top dog'!

Which is why I always nipped it in the bud v quickly.

Why do people keep rembling on about getting shots AFTER being bitten. This is Thailand where 15-30 people per year die from rabies. Get the shots before you are bitten and please ensure that your children are immunized.