Can Someone Remind Me

girlx

Excellent post Doonagirl.... thanks for reminding me!! :D

Now this is interesting stuff: :o

Molecule gives passionate lovers just one year

ROME (Reuters) - Your heartbeat accelerates, you have butterflies in the stomach, you feel euphoric and a bit silly. It's all part of falling passionately in love -- and scientists now tell us the feeling won't last more than a year.

The powerful emotions that bowl over new lovers are triggered by a molecule known as nerve growth factor (NGF), according to Pavia University researchers.

The Italian scientists found far higher levels of NGF in the blood of 58 people who had recently fallen madly in love than in that of a group of singles and people in long-term relationships.

But after a year with the same lover, the quantity of the 'love molecule' in their blood had fallen to the same level as that of the other groups. :D

The Italian researchers, publishing their study in the journal Psychoneuroendocrinology, said it was not clear how falling in love triggers higher levels of NGF, but the molecule clearly has an important role in the "social chemistry" between people at the start of a relationship.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Excellent post Doonagirl.... thanks for reminding me!!  :D

Now this is interesting stuff:  :o

ROME (Reuters) - Your heartbeat accelerates, you have butterflies in the stomach, you feel euphoric and a bit silly. It's all part of falling passionately in love -- and scientists now tell us the feeling won't last more than a year.

The powerful emotions that bowl over new lovers are triggered by looks, kisses, hugs...understanding...and everyday working on the relationship...

:D

Edited by Glauka

:D

LOL, don't worry girlx, you just came out of a relationship & it will take you a while to appreciate the male of the species again.

It's like self induced memory loss (or something like that) basically meaning that for a while after a break up, we find it hard to see the positive in men but then, slowly, our brains wipe out all the crap & we start to be interested in them again, conveniently forgetting all their bad points & how much of a pain in the ass they can be,  :D this state lasts until the next break, when the cycle repeats itself. :o

A WISE WOMAN ONCE WROTE:

If a man wants you, nothing can keep him away.

If he doesn't want you, nothing can make him stay.

Stop making excuses for a man and his behaviour.

Allow your intuition (or spirit) to save you from heartache.

Stop trying to change yourself for a relationship that's not meant to

be.

Slower is better.

Never live your life for a man before you find what makes you truly

happy.

If a relationship ends because the man was not treating you as

you deserve then heck no, you can't "be friends".

A friend wouldn't mistreat a friend.

Don't settle. If you feel like he is stringing you along, then he probably is.Don't stay because you think "it will get better."

You'll be mad at yourself a year later for staying when things are not

better.

The only person you can control in a relationship is you.

Avoid men who've got a bunch of children by a bunch of different women.

He didn't marry them when he got them pregnant, why would he treat you any differently?

Always have your own set of friends separate from his.

Maintain boundaries in how a guy treats you. If something bothers you,

speak up.

Never let a man know everything.

He will use it against you later.

You cannot change a man's behaviour.

Change comes from within.

Don't EVER make him feel he is more important than you are...

even if he has more education or in a better job.

Do not make him into a quasi-god.

He is a man, nothing more nothing less.

Never let a man define who you are.

Never borrow someone else's man.

If he cheated with you, he'll cheat on you.

A man will only treat you the way you ALLOW him to treat you.

All men are NOT dogs.

You should not be the one doing all the bending... compromise is two way

street.

You need time to heal between relationships... there is nothing cute about baggage...

Deal with your issues before pursuing a new relationship

You should never look for someone to COMPLETE you... a relationship

consists of two WHOLE individuals...

look for someone complimentary... not supplementary.

Dating is fun... even if he doesn't turn out to be Mr. Right.

Make him miss you sometimes... when a man always know where you are,and

you're always readily available to him - he takes it for granted.

Never move into his mother's house. Never co-sign for a man.

Don't fully commit to a man who doesn't give you everything that you

need.

Keep him in your radar but get to know others.

Share this with other women and men (just so they know)...

You'll make someone smile, another rethink her choices, and another

woman prepare.

They say it takes a minute to find a special person, an hour to

appreciate

them, a day to love them and an entire lifetime to forget them.

Thanks For Sharing! :D

I agree with some of the posters here on several points:

It is a littlefoolish to imagine a Thai guy who works in a beach bar or resort is going to take you seriously, women THROW themselves at them every day,

It takes time to be together and really understand his culture more than your own as we live here in Thailand,

What I don't get.... is this obsession with calling Thai men 'boys' - in Europe you get locked up for that !!!!!!!!

I agree with some of the posters here on several points:

It is a littlefoolish to imagine a Thai guy who works in a beach bar or resort is going to take you seriously, women THROW themselves at them every day,

It takes time to be together and really understand his culture more than your own as we live here in Thailand,

What I don't get.... is this obsession with calling Thai men 'boys'  -  in Europe you get locked up for that !!!!!!!!

I call myself girl and I am 29 years old...just a way of talking not mean to offend :o

Hi Glauka,

I understand you. But it is a bit odd that many farang women refer to these young/older men as BOYS. Nothing serious...... just wonder if the average age range is farang women choosing guys who are much younger than themselves?

Seonai

I do know what you mean but don't think it is meant in that way. I sometimes ask my hubby how my boy is (for a laugh when we are being particullay puke makingly lovey dovey to each other :D) & he gets a chuckle out of it as 1) he is far from a boy (late 30's) 2) knows it & 3) enjoys being referred to as one :o. I like people calling me a girl too sometimes & the other day got asked for ID which was nice :D

Ya Boo that is cool ! I like it when me and hubby mess around like that too, know what you mean. I'm thinking too much in Thai - Noom or Nong... it would be a 'toy boy' if an older Thai woman was seeing him. Anyway not serious, just an observation!!!!!! Bored on the island right now and need to chat!!! OFF TOPIC !!!

Hi Glauka,

I understand you. But it is a bit odd that many farang women refer to these young/older men as BOYS. Nothing serious...... just wonder if the average age range is farang women choosing guys who are much younger than themselves?

Seonai

HI Seonai

How are you?

Indeed I was very silly when I though this man could love and that I was the Only One... :o:D

But I learnt my lesson...

I think you are quite right...it takes time before a love relationship can be built up.

Best wishes

Glauka

publishing their study in the journal Psychoneuroendocrinology,

Bloody psychologists! Oh look, we've identified a molecule. Could it be that the molecule is an effect rather than cause?! Oh no, that doesn't suit our theory one bit.

publishing their study in the journal Psychoneuroendocrinology,

Bloody psychologists! Oh look, we've identified a molecule. Could it be that the molecule is an effect rather than cause?! Oh no, that doesn't suit our theory one bit.

Oxfordwill, I had you all wrong :D We do take this love stuff a little too seriously methinking lately :o

i refer to thai boys as boys because in comparison to men in my country they are definitely more boy-like. they are skinny and small, they need to be taken care of like boys too.

i refer to thai boys as boys because in comparison to men in my country they are definitely more boy-like. they are skinny and small, they need to be taken care of like boys too.

:D My husband weighs over 85k. Certainly not skinny and never small! :o

Girlx, look around, many of the Southern men are quite large, def larger than Isaan guys.

dont' really agree with that sbk. I know plenty of well build manly thai guys & not only from the south.

Well, thats true enough about your husband, I must say. :o Sorry for the broad generalization about Isaan guys Boo!

QUOTE(girlx @ 2005-12-07 08:56:50)

Well I refer to men as boys for no reason at all. I'm with Boo and SBK. Thai guys tend to be shorter then American guys, but that's about it. Thai men are a lot stronger then the average American guy for sure. I can think of a 1/2 dozen guys on Thong Nai Pan, off the top of my head, that I wouldn't consider skinny and even the skinny ones are very strong.

You sound pretty bitter GirlX, those fellas on Thong Nai Pan can be a rowdy bunch, but there are a few of them that are sweet and work really hard. My guess is that your on Noi.

there are a lot of larger guys in the south but if you take thailand overall, thai men are small and skinny. my recent ex weighs 62 kilos and is taller than me, still is solid muscle but i would consider him much smaller than my american exes.

i am not bitter especially (and i am not on noi though i spend time there), i just see so many farang girls getting screwed over so constantly (not only here, also all over thailand) that i find it hard to remember there is anything good about thai boys that isn't faked!

but like i said earlier, even my ex has good qualities, and i just need to be reminded of them. feel free to throw out more traits!

Physical size has nothing to do with it, there are plenty of tall & fat babies out there...and the wanting to be taken care of syndrome is hardly unique to Thailand. Western men are just a little craftier at disguising it at first because western women are not conditioned to accept it. (Not that all Thai women accept it -- just that, at least until recently, society expected them to).

I've had 2 serious relationships with Thai men in my life. Neither wanted a mother, and neither would I ever think of as a boy...One had a large body, one a small one, both had big hearts and mature minds. Of course, that's only 2 over 20+ years in Thailand...but track record back in the US wasn't any better. Seems like all over the world, you've got to search for the men among the boys.

Physical size has nothing to do with it, there are plenty of tall & fat babies out there...and the wanting to be taken care of syndrome is hardly unique to Thailand. Western men are just a little craftier at disguising it at first because western women are not conditioned to accept it. (Not that all Thai women accept it -- just that, at least until recently, society expected them to).

I've had 2 serious relationships with Thai men in my life. Neither wanted a mother, and neither would I ever think of as a boy...One had a large body, one a small one, both had big hearts and mature minds. Of course, that's only 2 over 20+ years in Thailand...but track record back in the US wasn't any better. Seems like all over the world, you've got to search for the men among the boys.

Where are they? :D

WHERE ARE THEY? :o

I agree with Sheryl !!

Okay what do I like about Thai men.

First off, I guess because if all goes well, I'll be living full time on KPN within the next five years, it makes more sense for me to be interested in someone who lives there.

Thai men tend to be physically strong.

Mostly all of them know how to cook!!

See people for who they really are. (That goes for the women as well)

Live day by day and are content with a simple life.

I had a conversation with one of the posters here and it seems to me that one of trends I see with Westerners that come to KPN for the long term is they are looking for a much more simple life compared to where they came from.

So it seems natural that a single westerner would be more interested in a Thai person then another Westerner.

I must say though, all the Austrian men I've met here are very nice indeed.

Girlx, have you met Robert from Austria that has the green wooden boat who comes to Thong Nai Pan Yai? He is there every Feb. or at least came every year when I lived there? He is just lovely, really lovely. If you find yourself single and looking for a good guy, he is one to get to know. :o