Can Someone Remind Me

girlx

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yes the cooking thing is a huge bonus! :D

no i haven't met that guy robert but i will watch out for him, thanks! where in KPG will you be living seville?

I have a place in Had Tien. I use to live at Honey on Yai. Now some horrible Hotel is going up there. :o

I got lucky; my friends on Had Tien wanted to know if I wanted to build on top of their restaurant and I took them up on it. I might teach Yoga a couple times a week when I get back at Indian Bar. Sin and Oy really want me too and I miss all my friends there. I'll be back in March and when the supply boat starts running again, getting back and fourth between the two beaches is a breeze.

ha- did you used to sell yoga bags/mats at indian bar? i bought one of them. :o never met you though. had tien is lovely, i go there occasionally. if i didn't live in thong nai pan it would be there or mae haad.

I have just been reading this thread AGAIN and wonder about some of my fellow women out there. Are you desperate or what????????????

Well, not desperate enough to put up with a man who beats me, or tries to make me repress my personality or thoughts.

I don't need a man - or a marriage - to prove that I'm a woman. But when the right man comes along, it's nice.

ha- did you used to sell yoga bags/mats at indian bar? i bought one of them. :o  never met you though.  had tien is lovely, i go there occasionally. if i didn't live in thong nai pan it would be there or mae haad.

No, that's Nicky and she has been coming to Thong Nai Pan for over 10 years now. She is a really good teacher and should be back around Febuary.

• 1 month later...

I am not a Thai Bloke............or a woman, but I thought I would add my tuppence worth to this thread. :D..........on the basis that I have found out over the years that whateever the differences between Thai Women and Farang women - they are still 100% women! - and that I therefore assume the same also applies to the blokes.

(BTW Meant to be lightheartedly constructive!).

A WISE WOMAN ONCE WROTE:

If a man wants you, nothing can keep him away. - Yes, but this does not automatically mean forever - YOU may have to also work at the relationship despite what Cosmo says :o

If he doesn't want you, nothing can make him stay. - plenty can, but it won't be forever.

Stop making excuses for a man and his behaviour. - Agreed

Follow your intuition (or spirit) to save you from heartache. - Yes - unless you are paranoid :D

Stop trying to change yourself for a relationship that's not meant to be. - Agreed

Slower is better. - depends what we are talking about?

Never live your life for a man before you find what makes you truly happy. - that could mean you end up 75 and single

If a relationship ends because the man was not treating you as you deserve then heck no, you can't "be friends". - he was lying as well :D

A friend wouldn't mistreat a friend. - True

Don't settle. - You ain't going to get EVERYTHING you want when you want it, so learn to settle on the things that you CAN live with (would prefer not to! - but can live with)

If you feel like he is stringing you along, then he probably is. - unless you are paranoid

Don't stay because you think "it will get better." You'll be mad at yourself a year later for staying when things are not better.- Agreed, unless you do want EVERYTHING and NOW

The only person you can control in a relationship is you. - Agreed

Avoid men who've got a bunch of children by a bunch of different women. He didn't marry them when he got them pregnant, why would he treat you any differently?- Yes (and vice verse!)

Always have your own set of friends separate from his. (Yes! - just do not expect him to like them)

Maintain boundaries in how a guy treats you. If something bothers you, speak up. - Yes

Never let a man know everything. He will use it against you later. - pot and kettle methinks!

You cannot change a man's behaviour.Change comes from within. - Agreed, but you can learn to live with certain things, if you WANT to. He is.

Don't EVER make him feel he is more important than you are...even if he has more education or in a better job. - Disagree here, not all the time for sure but sometimes (and Education and job are irrelevant to being "more important")

Do not make him into a quasi-god. He is a man, nothing more nothing less. - Agreed he WILL get bored of this approach, plus it is unoriginal

Never let a man define who you are. - Agreed

Never borrow someone else's man. If he cheated with you, he'll cheat on you. yes - and the problem is?

A man will only treat you the way you ALLOW him to treat you. - yes

All men are NOT dogs. - I dunno though, "every dog has his day" :D

You should not be the one doing all the bending... compromise is a two way

street. - this is the crux of a relationship, appreciating that compromise does not mean both are equally happy about the compromise or that their is a "good" compromise. You have to accept that sometimes YOU will get the short end of the stick (vice verse of course)

You need time to heal between relationships... there is nothing cute about baggage...

Deal with your issues before pursuing a new relationship - only applicable / possible to those below 21!

You should never look for someone to COMPLETE you... a relationship consists of two WHOLE individuals...look for someone complimentary... not supplementary. - it's both

Dating is fun... even if he doesn't turn out to be Mr. Right. - Yes, just do not expect perfection on the 1st date, if you do find it...........it won't last cos he's lying. Trust me. :D

Make him miss you sometimes... when a man always know where you are,and

you're always readily available to him - he takes it for granted. - ummm yes!

Never move into his mother's house. - yes and vice verse!!

Never co-sign for a man. - no idea what this means!

Don't fully commit to a man who doesn't give you everything that you need. - I feel a long wait coming for Mr Right, unless you try also helping yourself

Keep him in your radar but get to know others. - Yes, nothing so dull as a woman with no interests outside a Relationship.

I do know what you mean but don't think it is meant in that way. I sometimes ask my hubby how my boy is (for a laugh when we are being particullay puke makingly lovey dovey to each other :D) & he gets a chuckle out of it as 1) he is far from a boy (late 30's) 2) knows it & 3) enjoys being referred to as one :o. I like people calling me a girl too sometimes & the other day got asked for ID which was nice :D

Asked for ID?, You mean Senior citizen card? :D ...Sorry I couldn't help myself

Don't fully commit to a man who doesn't give you everything that you need.

Lots of wise words in that above, but this particular quote I think is complete BS.

I would never expect my partner to fulfill all my needs - how could ANY one person possibly do that??? Expecting one person to give you everything you want is complete madness IMO. Anyone who lives by this advice is very likely to stay single into old age and beyond.

Don't fully commit to a man who doesn't give you everything that you need.

Lots of wise words in that above, but this particular quote I think is complete BS.

I would never expect my partner to fulfill all my needs - how could ANY one person possibly do that??? Expecting one person to give you everything you want is complete madness IMO. Anyone who lives by this advice is very likely to stay single into old age and beyond.

Maybe that´s why I am single...hmmmm... :o

Just joking I agree Meadish I agree with you...

• 6 months later...