Thai Policeman Kills Six Fellow Officers After Drinking Session

webfact

• Replies 275
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thai policeman kills six fellow officers

BANGKOK, December 27, 2011 (AFP) - A policeman in southern Thailand shot dead six fellow officers before turning the gun on himself after a drinking session in a police canteen turned sour, local police said Tuesday.

Alcohol is served at a police canteen? Astounding.

No big deal really ,,the cops summarily executed 2,500 in 03 in Thaksin's WOD so this news is very small potatoes .

Behind every smile is an angry Thai.

Seems like many of them wear brown uniforms.

Thinking back to the Royal Thai Police officers who executed the backpacker in Pai, the one who executed two of them in Kanchanaburi, the one who cut off the arms of that karaoke girl, the one who executed another cop and his wife at a roadstop.... etc etc.

They are not allowed in the culture to show anger, so it stays bottled up till they get drunk, and that is the only time they are forgiving for showing negative emotions. That said some bottle up way to much, and have access to lethal weapons, like this BiB and the assault weapon.

Loss of face, pent up anger, weapons and alcohol are very dangerous combined in this culture.

One lack of Thai culture is the incapability to clear small problems ad hoc - differences of social rank, no training to see the facts (Buddha says to see What is What), every argument concerning a fact is misinterpreted as an argument ad hominem. The culture of non-violent dispute is unknown in Thailand, and this in a Buddhist country.....

Thai policeman kills six fellow officers

BANGKOK, December 27, 2011 (AFP) - A policeman in southern Thailand shot dead six fellow officers before turning the gun on himself after a drinking session in a police canteen turned sour, local police said Tuesday.

Alcohol is served at a police canteen? Astounding.

No big deal really ,,the cops summarily executed 2,500 in 03 in Thaksin's WOD so this news is very small potatoes .

There has to be one to bring Thaksin into the play....

He would have gotten the death penalty anyway. No wonder he popped himself. Don't people ever think of what really happens to them after they die. Like what was this guy thinking before he killed himself? The pain with just all go away?? No,no,no,no. I'm sure the pain has just started for him. Get a clue, come back.

Feeling bad for the families though.

First thing one should ask, what is the reason for any1 becoming a cop in Thailand?

1. Too stupid to do something else.

2. I get to shoot people, which is always fun.

3. I don't get any salary, but can make a fortune from bribes and extortion, forget about policing.

My partners father is a Cop, in Yala. Day in and day out he risks being bombed or shot by people none of us want to share a street with. Not all Police are bad in Thailand. He does not take bribes (that I know of), and is probably the most honest and hard working Thai I have ever met. I doubt there are many in his city that could even afford decent bribes, anyhow.

I do find, that if Police cannot solve a death immediately, rather than flagging it as a suspicious death and considering all possibilities, some departments have a tendency to mark the death as suicide, when infact it should be "suspicious death". This stage of the investigation process is not always considered in the Thai system. It does need to be considered in this case.

I wonder what the shooter (assume it was a murder suicide) will become in the next lifetime, and how he will redeem his wrongs in this lifetime? One can only imagine.

First thing one should ask, what is the reason for any1 becoming a cop in Thailand?

3. I don't get any salary, but can make a fortune from bribes and extortion, forget about policing.

even people dead and this is the best shit this forum can come out with

no wonder Thaivisa is considered to be a joke and an absolute disgrace

Answers?

1-It's a highly sought after job with stringent entrance exams-and/or family connections.

2-Yep, they do. And don't forget the bonus of tight, tight clothing.

3-Salary is minimal to start,, but there is the bonus of "brown envelope Fridays" and remember-the higher up the ladder you are, the fatter the envelope.Oh and shaking down farangs of course.

My sister in law is a high ranking lady cop-and a champion pistol shot. Nice to be related.

He would have gotten the death penalty anyway. No wonder he popped himself. Don't people ever think of what really happens to them after they die. Like what was this guy thinking before he killed himself? The pain with just all go away?? No,no,no,no. I'm sure the pain has just started for him. Get a clue, come back.

I wouldn't bet the rice paddies on him getting the death penalty. More than likely he'd pretty much "beat the rap", with the judges handing down a sentence of "accidental death by alcohol", saying he was drunk at the time and didn't mean to do it.

My sister in law is a high ranking lady cop-and a champion pistol shot. Nice to be related.

I was casually acquainted with a female Immigration officer sometime back, who during the course of our discussions, explained to me that she was actually considered a police officer, albeit she worked for Immigration and in a back-office type capacity.

But as best as I recollect her explanation of things, women in Thailand still can't serve as regular street-type cops... They can perform various support functions.... But they're not the ones roaming the streets (or police canteens) armed with guns... Even though she had to do firearms training as part of her qualifications.

Can anyone confirm my recollection of that being the status of women in Thailand law enforcement?

You're not seriously suggesting that he's burning in Hades now, are you?

"The gunman's body was found some 200 metres (yards) from the scene after he killed himself with the same assault rifle he used against his colleagues, Prasit said."

That's a pretty nifty little trick: shooting oneself dead with an assault-riffle . . . . . . . Maybe there's a lot more to this story: better get the CSI involved and do some serious investigating, hey ? ?

One who believes nothing he reads !

"The gunman's body was found some 200 metres (yards) from the scene after he killed himself with the same assault rifle he used against his colleagues, Prasit said."

That's a pretty nifty little trick: shooting oneself dead with an assault-riffle . . . . . . . Maybe there's a lot more to this story: better get the CSI involved and do some serious investigating, hey ? ?

One who believes nothing he reads !

People shoot themselves with full-sized rifles all of the time.