2012 Countdown, Any Recommendations?

barefoot1988

Thapae Gate is my favorite place. When it gets close to midnight, the Thais converge on it and the whole thing is full and the atmosphere is great.

+1

Thapae Gate on New Years Eve is by far the best place to be. It's a great atmosphere for young and old alike, they just love to have a good time and all are welcome.

Thapae Gate is my favorite place. When it gets close to midnight, the Thais converge on it and the whole thing is full and the atmosphere is great.

+1

Thapae Gate on New Years Eve is by far the best place to be. It's a great atmosphere for young and old alike, they just love to have a good time and all are welcome.

+2

Really a nice atmosphere.

re .. This year we're hitting Thapae Gate as suggest above, and staying there.

well im off down there tonight coz i think they are putting a show from one of the schools on tonight.

lots of people were arriving and setting up stalls all around t g at 3 pm this afternoon and theres a changing tent by the stage so we might see some singing and dancing girls yet ?

dave2

post-42592-0-69290300-1325240563_thumb.j

post-42592-0-13406300-1325240598_thumb.j

A smaller but intense area of celebration next to the river between the Iron Bridge and the Chedi, an outside stage set up with live music and several drinkeries nearby doing their own thing, all makes for party atmosphere without too much crowding. That's where we'll be this year and as usual, free drinks all night to anyone who correctly identifies us and introduces themselves. :)

re .. between the Iron Bridge and the Chedi, an outside stage set up with live music and several drinkeries nearby doing their own thing, all makes for party atmosphere

it has to be this one!

wow .. the area in front of the old lanna house and behind it down to the river is as flat as a pancake and huge !

good luck c m .. dave2

ps .. to get there go straight down loi kroh road ... straight across by burger king and i think you might start hearing it after another few hundred yards : )

post-42592-0-51965500-1325244014_thumb.j

post-42592-0-80699800-1325244254_thumb.j

guess will give a skip after a discussion with my my ic. both of us hate crowded areas, guess we will be watching tv instead

anyway, anyone know about the moo kata buffet along superhighway after siamrad hospital? its pretty hard not to notice while driving, anyone had any experience about it? thinking of dropping by tonight, price is like what? 150+ baht? guess i had been pigging out at mbk & sizzer for way too long aha

guess will give a skip after a discussion with my my ic. both of us hate crowded areas, guess we will be watching tv instead

anyway, anyone know about the moo kata buffet along superhighway after siamrad hospital? its pretty hard not to notice while driving, anyone had any experience about it? thinking of dropping by tonight, price is like what? 150+ baht? guess i had been pigging out at mbk & sizzer for way too long aha

O.K. I give up. What's an "IC"??? In my world it's an integrated circuit. I've never had a discussion with one though.

Sounds like you are a tough one to please. You asked for a countdown celebration with a stage show and were given 2 really good possibilities but they will be too crowded for you? It's New Years Eve, everywhere will be crowded. Enjoy TV. What's on?

Don't know the buffet you are talking about. Don't really care for the moo kata places but one I like once in a while is behind Hillside on Thannon Huay Kaew. I don't know the name but I think it's the best. About 159 as they all are.

Any way Happy New Year!