Searching For A Guitar Repair Shop In Bangkok

Jimmy1877

Hey Everyone! I'm searching for a guitar repair shop in Bangkok. I live around Samut Prakan Srinakarin Rd. It would be best if it's near from where I am. However, more importantly it's abt the repair man that have good skills & reputation & descent price on doing this sort of things. With that said I just bought a second-handed fender reissue Strat MIJ guitar and would like to have it set up properly including:

1) Truss rod, action height, intonation, and pick up height, etc. (cost:???baht)

2) "Buzzing" problem that's going on pretty badly with my electric guitar. (cost:???baht)

3) Cleaning up the rusted metal parts and changing into new screws (cost:???baht)

4) Changing into a new set of strings (cost:???baht)

5) Changing the bridge (the one I have now is all rusted) (cost:???baht)

It would be great if you guys have done it before and knows the average price (in baht) on doing any of the five repair mentioned from above. Since I have never get my guitar to a repair shop, I would like to get an idea of how much I'm looking at for any of the five repair above or a whole setup price. BTW, phone# of the repairman would be really helpful.

Any Help Would Be Much Appreciated. THANK YOU. =D

I havent really found a decent repair man in Bangkok. Everyone will tell you that Alecia just off Rama IX is the best but my experience is like this:

1. " Guitar fretting out = bad strings. I change strings and everything ok" (A guitar I gigged with many years and know very well)

2. " Dont worry about the shape of the neck, as long as a 1 baht coin will fit under the strings at the 12th fret its ok"

3. " Why you want low action anyway, better to not spend money and play with the action higher"

4. " A shim will make no difference" (wrong)

5. " A new neck will make no difference" (Hmmm the guys at Ernieball/Musicman disagree)

700b for nothing.

The best of a bad bunch is Mr Sak in Palladium Mall at Pratunam (very hard to find tucked away in a back part of the mall). He has a flat rate of 300b for a setup. Used to work at Music Concept so is used to setting up customers higher end guitars.