Is This A Scam?

noz03

Your Paypal account always need to be linked to a bank account or credit card,so if something wrong paypal will charge the nak account or credit card.

That just is not true.

I have a paypal account that I use to move money from one place to another. I may not be able to withdraw funds to a bank account, but I can still send the money to another paypal account that can.

Why not tell him the best way is if he deposits it direct to your bank account - he will piss off pretty quick.

Actually this is what the classic Nigerian scam is about, to get your account number (a Russian/Canadian/American/Uruguayan guy tried this on me a few months ago involving a lease on an apartment). Then they will attempt to pull whatever they can out of it.

If you want to give one of these dipsh_ts a run around give them a fake account number. Do a little research on these numbers first, and give them the correct numerical code of an international bank, andf then a false account number but with enough correct info (like number of digits), or maybe the name of the bank's manager that should personally contact, to keep them busy.

My general rule is that if something is more complicated than warranted then pass on it.

A fellow I know of had a bargirl constantly emailing him for money with a sick buffalo scam. He said he sent money via Western Union, but oops! it went to somewhere near Hat Yai rather Podunk in Issan.

After a few angry emails she gave up.

Never use PayPal with unknown individuals, only with companies or individuals whose name you recognise and trust.

PayPal payments can be reversed and you have absolutely no come-back on it.

Can you elaborate a bit on that last sentence.

You might think that a credit on your PayPal account is money in the bank but it isn't. It can be removed by them at any time (or indeed they can freeze your account) and you would find it extremely difficult to correspond with them about it.

Accepting money via PayPal is very similar to having Visa/Mastercard merchant status; you basically sign all your rights away and rely on PayPal to do the right thing. Unfortunately they dont have a good track record on this.

I canceled both my pay pal and eBay accounts after $1 was withdrawn from my Kasikorn account without me buying anything. I'll never use both again.

Never use PayPal with unknown individuals, only with companies or individuals whose name you recognise and trust.

PayPal payments can be reversed and you have absolutely no come-back on it.

Can you elaborate a bit on that last sentence.

You might think that a credit on your PayPal account is money in the bank but it isn't. It can be removed by them at any time (or indeed they can freeze your account) and you would find it extremely difficult to correspond with them about it.

Accepting money via PayPal is very similar to having Visa/Mastercard merchant status; you basically sign all your rights away and rely on PayPal to do the right thing. Unfortunately they dont have a good track record on this.

I canceled both my pay pal and eBay accounts after $1 was withdrawn from my Kasikorn account without me buying anything. I'll never use both again.

I can't speak for eBay, but paypal withdraw £1 for verification purposes. The money is returned.

Paypal CANNOT remove a single penny from your bank account without your express permission.

Never except a cerified bank check as being good even if your bank say it is . The banks are regulated to make the funds available to you in 5 days . Sometimes it will take as much as 14 to 21 days for the check itself to hit the bank . Thats when they determine its a fake . Hence your item you sold is gone and the bank hits you up for the bad check . Have seen this happen in the USA many times. Just becasue your bank releases the money does not mean the checks good ..... As far as sending any money to anyone Western Union or Money Gram once they pick it up its gone ......