Thai Air

thaiflyer1

Anybody know if Thai Air are still doing the minibus run to DM and where the office is in Pattaya.

Am going to Singapore next Monday and want to try and avoid forking out for a taxi if possible, flights at 11.45am and i/m fairly sure they do the run at 6.30am.

Dont fancy going to Ekamai/Morchit just incase end up getting caught in traffic in Bangkok.

Cheers.

Thanks for all the replys guys...... :D

Found the place, for anyone interested :D its on 3rd road just along from Chez Rong BBQ and Buffet.

Only snag is they stopped the mini bus service a couple of years ago ...........now all they do is the Limo at 1950 baht :D

Bout time Pattaya Trader updated their info. :o

have they?.

I am sure I got it last year,or the year before that...or...Could be right.

It is/was a very good service but only went (from memory) 3 times a day to Patti from D.M and and at 200bt couldnt complain and best time I ever did was 90 minutes...

As said T.G. Office on 3rd Rd and from there you need to take a bike from there to hotel. (about 30bt) :o

Airport Limousine Bus

3/8 M6 North Rd. About half way down North Road

Thai Limousine Tel# 423-140

This is the best way to go. For 200 Baht (one way) you will go Directly to Don Mung Airport. They have both buses and vans. Times are 6:30am, 2pm & 6:30pm to Bangkok and Return 9am, 12noon & 7pm to Pattaya from Don Mung Airport. Look for their booth and waiting lounge inside the airport (arrival). This is also the best way to get to Pattaya. Try to schedule your air flite accordantly. There are also airport taxis at the airport for ~1500 Baht.

tlimo2.jpg

Thaiflyer, Its a quite a few years since ive taken a minibus to the airport, but there were a few privateers doing runs from the hotels for 200 baht. Ive booked at hotels like Lek and Apex on Second rd. If the mini bus search fails and you decide to taxi it ,the going rates are 800b + tolls there, and 1200b+ tolls coming back.

Thanks for the replies.

Rinrada.......yep they have stopped the service.

Bambina...........the office at the Royal Cliff is for flights the office on the 3rd road is for the Limo service.

Cobber...........ive used the minibus operators before (once) problem this time is i need to leave Pattaya at 7.30am and i dont think they start running until 9am.

Bambina.............if you read this topic again or for anyone else, what is the traffic like in Bangkok about 9am on the 5th (Kings Birthday)? If its not too bad i might just go to Morchit on the bus and backtrack to the airport............other than that its going to be a taxi.

Bloody computers.........second time ive typed this. :o

Bambina.............if  you  read  this  topic  again  or  for  anyone  else, what  is  the  traffic  like  in  Bangkok  about  9am  on  the  5th  (Kings  Birthday)? If  its  not  too  bad  i  might  just  go  to  Morchit  on  the  bus  and  backtrack  to  the  airport............other  than  that  its  going  to  be  a  taxi.

it will be quiet as u walk around the grave :o:D

seriously .. its long holidays .. no prob about traffic jam in Banger :D

Went up to North road bus station today to book ticket to Morchit..............there is now a firm there named Bell Travel who operate a 48 seater coach (brand new by the look of it) to the Airport they are located at the rear of the bus station.

Run 4 times a day 6am , 9am , 1pm and 5pm for 250 baht.

6am run takes 2 hours the other 3 runs take 3 hours as they stop in Bang Na to pick passengers from BKK hotels........(6am is direct)

Beats backtracking from Morchit.

Bell Travel 038370055..........if anyone needs it.

Went  up  to  North  road  bus  station  today  to  book  ticket  to  Morchit..............there  is  now  a  firm  there  named  Bell  Travel  who  operate  a  48  seater  coach  (brand  new  by  the  look  of  it)  to  the  Airport  they  are  located  at  the  rear  of  the  bus  station.

Run  4  times  a  day  6am , 9am , 1pm  and  5pm  for  250  baht.

6am  run  takes  2  hours  the  other  3  runs  take  3  hours  as  they  stop  in  Bang  Na  to  pick  passengers  from  BKK  hotels........(6am  is  direct)

Beats  backtracking  from  Morchit.

Bell  Travel  038370055..........if  anyone  needs  it.

Runs 4 times a day .....

6am , 9am , 1pm and 5pm for 250 baht......Nice one..

In the Book. :o