Outgoing Smtp Settings For True (Ms Outlook)

corkman

Hi all,

I am trying to set up outlook 2007, but I am having trouble with outgoing mail settings. Trying to communicate with the "True" goons is like pulling teeth.

Please could someone walk me through it.

I've got the POP3 thing, and my incomming mail sorted.

Outgoing mail (SMTP): [email protected]

I've checked the "log on using Secure Password Authentification (SPA)" box

Then go to "more settings" and go to the "out going server" tab.

I've checked the "my outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentification" box, and I've highlighted the "log on using" button. For the user name and password I contacted True and they gave me a weird user name of "38:c8:5c:e3:88:e8:@cablehome"......

Done all this, and basically it doesn't work. Its worth noting I am not using an @true email address, but it all worked fine using TOT ...... just swapped over to true today.

Please help.

Have a look at this: http://www.asianet.c...rverconfig.html

It says to use mxauth.truemail.co.th as the name of the SMTP server.

The rest (weird username that probably is the MAC address of your cable box, plus password they gave you) should be OK.

It's old information (dates from the domain change from Asianet to True) but I would assume that it's still valid.

Edited by Lannig

Hi everyone.

Thanks for your replies. I cannot, do not want to change my email address. I have far too many contacts, and have used this address for well over 10 years.

My current address is [email protected]

This worked fine with TOT. I can still receive emails no problem with True. I just cannot send.

So, I have tried various permutations of the advice given above..... truemail.co.th, smtp.googlemail.com, etc...... so joy.

Still stuck ..... please help.

Open a Gmail account and set it to poll your Eircom account. You will continue to receive all your mail but will no longer depend on the Eircom servers. And progressively you can stop using the Eircom address.

or

Open a Gmail account and just use the SMTP server.

You cant use Gmail's SMTP without valid Gmail login details.

Open a Gmail account and set it to poll your Eircom account. You will continue to receive all your mail but will no longer depend on the Eircom servers. And progressively you can stop using the Eircom address.

or

Open a Gmail account and just use the SMTP server.

You cant use Gmail's SMTP without valid Gmail login details.

Thanks Darrel - I have managed to come up with a "fix" using the gmail server as you suggested. Now its all working ;) THanks to everyone else.

Hi all: for any future readers of this post, here is the solution to the problem (for me).

First set up a Gmail acocunt, use the gmail settings and enable it for POP3 etc. then go to outlook.

Outlook 2007 > Tools > Accocunt settings > double click on the account.

First page:

User information

Your name: your name ..... "John Smith"

email address: the address you want to use ([email protected] in my case)

Server information

Account type: POP3

Incoming server: mail.eircom.net (or enter your incoming mail server)

outgoing mail server (SMTP): smtp.gmail.com

logon information

User name: [email protected] in my case

password: xxxxxx (my eircom password)

check the "remember passowrd" box.

Now go to "More settings....." then "outgoing server" tab.

Click the "log on using" button

username: [email protected]

password: gmail password

check the "remember passowrd" box.

Now go to "Advanced" tab

Incoming server(POP3): use whatever port your provider uses.... for eircom it is port 110

in my case, I did not check the "this server requires an encrypted connection (SSL)"

Outgoing server (SMTP): 587

use the following type of encrypted connection "TLS"

I really hope this helps someone out...... its taken me several hours and lots of frustration ...... hopefully this is te problem solved for me, and any other poor sod that has the please of dealing with True.

My apartment building has True and I have been using mail.asianet.co.th as the SMTP for Outlook on my PC. I do not tick the "My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication" box. I have the outgoing SMTP port set at the default (25).

The other option is to pay to use an SMTP service - I use smtp2go.com on my notebook when traveling (also works with True in my apartment) so that I can send emails from Outlook when using hotel wifi internet. It is not expensive and you can choose a plan depending on the number of emails you want to send a day: I have been using smtp2go.com for a year now and have not had any problems.

• 7 years later...

HI experts 

i have a problem or better say virus "hacker " in my outlook 2007 ! 

send continue emails to other and ask for payment, and send me " mail delivery system " undelivered mail returned to the sender "

i already change my password but still like this.

is there anybody can help me ??

10 hours ago, andser said:

HI experts 

i have a problem or better say virus "hacker " in my outlook 2007 ! 

send continue emails to other and ask for payment, and send me " mail delivery system " undelivered mail returned to the sender "

i already change my password but still like this.

imageproxy.php?img=&key=de238a8f491e857fimageproxy.php?img=&key=de238a8f491e857fimageproxy.php?img=&key=de238a8f491e857f

is there anybody can help me ??

Suggest you start a new topic instead of adding this to an existing one from 8 years ago which has nothing to do with your issue.

Try and explain a bit more about what exactly is happening (not clear to me from what you have posted) or contact Microsoft to reset your account.