Immigration Office In Chonburi City

Hopefully you should come under one of these.

Chonburi Immigration Office

(Previously called Pattaya Immigration Office)

75/265 Soi 5 Jomtien Beach Rd.

Mu 12 Tambon Nong Prue

Amphoe Banglamung

Chonburi 20260

Phone: 0-3825-275

Fax: 03825-2751

Email: [email protected]

http://pattaya.immigration.go.th

Service Area: Pattaya District, Banglamung District, Sattahip District

Si Racha Immigration Office

3/1 Choem Chomphon Road

Tambon Sri Racha

Amphoe Sri Racha

Chon Buri 20110

Phone: 0-3831-2571

Email: [email protected]

http://sriracha.immigration.go.th

Service area: Chonburi Province (except Banglamung District, Koh Sichang District, Sattahip District, Pattaya District),

Chachoengsao Province

http://maps.google.c...1df360b&t=h&z=6

• 3 months later...

I used the search facility to get information about dedicated offices, Kudos for the instant reply to my basic enquiry on location. thumbsup.gif

What is the best time to go to the Sriracha office and how visa friendly is it for retirement renewals please ?

Any advice gleened from recent visits would be much appreciated and welcome, especially the required documentation you had to produce.

My 800k is in a fixed accessible account and was o.k. for my local Udonthani office so hope it will be acceptable here also.

Many thanks

marshbags wai.gif

Edited by marshbags

There really is no option - you are required to use the office assigned to your location (as listed above).

Thanks Lop, for the 90 day reporting must I go to this office or can I go else where if Im traveling around Thailand?

You must report to this office, but can report by mail.

If traveling, you might be able to report at the office you are then staying with proof of actualy staying in that area. Some offices allow this, others will send you away.

There really is no option - you are required to use the office assigned to your location (as listed above).

Thanks Lop, for the 90 day reporting must I go to this office or can I go else where if Im traveling around Thailand?

You must report to this office, but can report by mail.

If traveling, you might be able to report at the office you are then staying with proof of actualy staying in that area. Some offices allow this, others will send you away.

Mario,

do you know which offices allow this ? This would be very handy info.

Regards

• 2 weeks later...

I used the search facility to get information about dedicated offices, Kudos for the instant reply to my basic enquiry on location. thumbsup.gif

What is the best time to go to the Sriracha office and how visa friendly is it for retirement renewals please ?

Any advice gleened from recent visits would be much appreciated and welcome, especially the required documentation you had to produce.

My 800k is in a fixed accessible account and was o.k. for my local Udonthani office so hope it will be acceptable here also.

Many thanks

marshbags wai.gif

Paid a visit to Sriracha Immigration Friday 11-05-2012 and was really impressed and found it friendly, orderly and well organised.

I was allowed to jump in without having to get a ticket, based on the fact that I only wanted to enquire about rather than need a new visa ect.

The lady officer was really helpful and very friendly indeed.

She gave me, without asking various sheets of information including the form for my Retirement Visa and then asked if I would be leaving the country during the renewal period and when I said yes, gave me the application for the re entry visa.

Smiled throughout and asked if there was anything else I was not sure about before I stood back out of the way so she could continue with the interview she was in the middle of.

I will report on the earliest date she had told me and I I said thank you for all the help and willingly returned the Wai she had given me.

She confirmed my fixed 800k account was o.k. and all I needed to do was get the required lettter from my new location.

I stood awhile after and observed how the officers were dealing with the various applicants ( of several nationalities including several from the adjoining Asean countries.

No sign of attitude and everyone smiling through out.... I was really pleased with what I had observed and felt comfortable and very relaxed throughout.

Processing was speedy and they said timing while unpredictable on occasion, was usually similar A.M. and P.M. on most days in answer to reference in my last post

Well done Sriracha clap2.gif

marshbags wai.gif

P.S.

The fixed account of which I posted on last year for fellow members has given me 3 monthly interest payments of over 4k each time with this last payment being well over 5k, it has well exeeeded my expectations and I wish I had done it sooner....much sooner than I did.

It ends in August so I will be looking for a similar offering to put it in and as before I will post anything of interest for possible use by the fortunate retirees who can go the 800K way. thumbsup.gif

Edited by marshbags

I would endorse everything mashbags has said about the Immigration office in Sri Ratcha. I did my retirement visa there and it was a very pleasant experience. I found the staff to be very friendly and helpful.

In past years I had dealings with Immigration in Pattaya and they were not pleasant people to deal with, then again a lot of the foreigners that walk through their door in Pattaya and not what you would class as nice people.

Thank you to Immigration in Sri Ratcha.wai.gif

I would endorse everything mashbags has said about the Immigration office in Sri Ratcha. I did my retirement visa there and it was a very pleasant experience. I found the staff to be very friendly and helpful.

In past years I had dealings with Immigration in Pattaya and they were not pleasant people to deal with, then again a lot of the foreigners that walk through their door in Pattaya and not what you would class as nice people.

Thank you to Immigration in Sri Ratcha.wai.gif

Thanks for the feed back OA

I,m due to apply for my yearly retirement extension shortly and will post the outcome.

marshbags wink.png

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for the feed back OA

I,m due to apply for my yearly retirement extension shortly and will post the outcome.

marshbags wink.png

Did my retirement renewal yesterday ( 05-06 ) and once again the service was brilliant.

I was waiting just over 15 minutes as the speed in which they did their work was very good and suprisingly not to many waiting.

The actual renewal took just over 10 minutes as all my paper work was in order and completed to the usual requirements.

Another 5 minutes for a one re entry stamp in case I have to leave in a hurry and do not wish to loose my visa permission to stay / ext. and have to re apply again.

Finally a further 10 minutes getting the signed approval from the officer in charge who was very helpful and friendly and 5 mins. for the clerk to put it on the computer.

45 minutes or there abouts which is far less than I had anticipated considering it was the day after the bank hoilday.

I feel I should mention Pol. Sen. Sgt.Major Aksara who as before was kind, friendly and always has a relaxed manner, sat at desk number 4.

The paperwork I submitted was :-

Application form filled in with recent photo attached for extention of temporary stay TM7

Passport and copies of every used page, signed and dated.

Letter from the bank to certify my 800K has been in for the required 3 months.

The bank book for this account is a fixed one and the funds should I wish to access them are clearly stated in the leaflet I have stapled to it since opening it.

As I was now in a new location I also produced my AIS bills with my present address just in case they needed proof of where I am presently staying.

Apart from the above the following seperate documents.

A completed application for a re entry permit with the required photo attached. TM8

Copies of all used pages of my passport which I knew would be required.

Fees requested being 1,900 for my renewal and 1,000 for the re entry permit. total 2,900 baht.

No hint what so ever for extras and definitely not expected by the way.

While I was waiting 3 applicants had to be refused because the didn,t have the correct paperwork and information so make sure you check before going on the current rules and requirements please.

The officers were always trying to help them and quietly explained what they needed to do before returning to re apply and in an understanding manner with them.

A 4th they where trying to help and OIC was still on the phone when I left trying to clear some whatever up and grant him his visa.

I hope her efforts were successful as the guy looked really sad...but not complaining or raising his voice as some unfortunately do.

Top marks go to Sriracha Immigration for a service which is very much appreciated, especially in my case, OA,s and many others as well, I reckon.

marshbags thumbsup.gifclap2.gif

Edited by marshbags