Bank It In Bangkok?

For most of you I am now in BKK on the Tourist Visa and just have a few quick questions regarding my stay. :D

Q1. Is it possible to open a bank account on the Tourist Visa?

Q2. Can he borrow funds for investments?

Q3. Is credit checks to UK banks made for the opening of the account?

Q4. What deposit is required for opening an account?

Thanks,

Andy :o

For most of you I am now in BKK on the Tourist Visa and just have a few quick questions regarding my stay. :D

Q1. Is it possible to open a bank account on the Tourist Visa?

Yes, you might need to check a few first.

Q2. Can he borrow funds for investments?

Very very doubtful, or simply...no.

Q3. Is credit checks to UK banks made for the opening of the account?

No

Q4. What deposit is required for opening an account?

Whatever amount you like, 100bt, 10,000bt, whatever.

Thanks,

Andy :o

Hi andy ,

You just go to the Bangkok Bank,Head Office at silom road,use a sky train [bTS] to Saladaeng station.

For more information about open bank account in Thailand.

Non-Resident Baht Account

This account is for personal and corporate foreign customers who want to have an account that enables funds to be transferred into and out of Thailand for specific purposes including investments. It helps save your time when you want to send your funds to a foreign country or make payments or repayments to overseas recipients.

With a Non-Resident Baht Account, all sources of funds and the purpose of the deposit or withdrawal must be declared according to the Bank of Thailand's regulations.

You can open the account at our head office on Silom Road where our Marketing Officers are available to give you more information and help you with your needs.

This account operates at Bangkok Bank's head office on Silom Road by counter service only.

How to open a Non-Resident Baht Account

Individual customers need to bring along their passport and evidence declaring the source of funds.

Corporate customers need to bring along the following documents:

- Copy of Registration Certificate (not more than 1 month old)

- Memorandum and Articles of Association

- Minutes of a Board of Directors Meeting stating the account opening, names of authorized signatories and conditions of signing

- Passports of the Directors and the authorized signatories

- Power of Attorney (required when the signatory is not a director of the company)

All documents must be verified by the Notary Public and attested to by the Royal Thai Embassy in the country of company registration. The original documents with their certified true copies must be submitted when opening an account.

I am a tourist and want to deposit and withdraw cash while I am traveling in Thailand. Can I open an account at Bangkok Bank?

Yes, you can open a ‘Resident Baht Account’ and make transactions via any Bangkok Bank’s counter or you can apply for a Bualuang ATM card to use within Thailand. This account provides you with access to your funds from any ATM machine in the country however, you will not be able to access your funds from overseas.

If I am in Thailand as a tourist, can I use Bualaung iBanking or Bualuang Phone?

No, in accordance with Bank of Thailand’s regulations you must be a resident of Thailand or have a current work permit.

I am a foreign investor and would like to send and receive funds to and from my other bank accounts overseas. What type of account can I open?

You can open a Non-Resident Baht Account at our Head Office on Silom Road. However, according to the Bank of Thailand’s regulations, you have to declare the source and the use of money in your account. Each transaction must also be performed at the counter of Bangkok Bank’s Head Office only.

Where can I open an account?

At any Bangkok Bank branch near you unless you would like to open a Non-Resident Baht Account which can be done at our Head Office, 333 Silom Road, Bangkok.

My spouse is a Thai national and I am a foreign national. Can we open a joint account?

Yes, you can go to any Bangkok Bank branch and open a resident baht joint account.

Can I apply for Bualuang iBanking, your online banking service?

You can apply for Bualuang iBanking services if you hold a savings or current account and have a current work visa for Thailand. To apply, bring your passport and your work permit or a Certificate of Resident to any Bangkok Bank branch.

Can I open a deposit account online?

No, not at this time.

Can I open an account from my home country?

No, all Bangkok Bank accounts must be opened here in Thailand at one of our 600 branches.

"Sick of the same old things,so I dig a hole bury pain"

WE_ZAA

Lost my old bank book (police report need-10bt) and opened yet another account at Suk.Rd Bangkapi Branch two weeks ago and got a free Watch. :D

Now got a multi immi "o" but my others a/cs still pay me interest (about 15 years now)

Told them to stop sending my statements to the Honey :o ...mai mee s"tang anyway..

K.W go me the internet a/c about 2 years ..so can pay bills...wot bills?