Have Acer Laptop With Windows 7 Need To Change Language?

robbie22

Hi everyone frustrating problem with trying to change the language to all English no Thai. I did what it said to do went in to control panel and put English and when my firefox starts it shows Thai script can not understand and when you type it is English unless you switch to Thai. Called some shops they say they have to download some more not so sure. Sorry if this is confusing if i can not get help will take back to were i bought it. Thank you as always in advance. Happy New Year

Acer computer bought in Thailand ??

Thai shop you bought it from put the windows 7 ??

When the computer I had came from the Thai shop I had to take it back for them to change to English because they had downloaded the wrong program.

I'm not an expert but most of the windows XP, 7 etc etc are usually copies that's what happen to me anyway and I got hold of a genuine windows now with microsoft everything good.

Many guys on here can help better than me, just wait a bit more.

do you mean the operating system language, or the keyboard language. windows 7 ultimate operating language can be changed, all other versions can not,so areinsatll would be required.

Keyboard language can be changed in all versions, under control panel/clock language and region/region and language/change display language/change keyboard. add English either proper English or if required American English, and then either remove Thai, or choose to switch as required.

Believe you are saying the Firefox browser default language is Thai? You should Google the problem as the browser makers feel they know better than us and default to what they believe you should be using when doing install and if downloaded here on computer that says located in Thailand often they install in Thai with no option to change. PIA and may require change of location in Windows to an English speaking country in order to download again and install in English and then return setting to Thailand.

I recently purchased an acer and had win7 installed, went into the control panel and whilst my location is Thailand I opted for language English I then deleted the Thai language. Some websites come up in Thai but my google chrome translates to English for me. The downside is of course the Thai characters on the keyboard do not work as I have removed Thai language!

do you mean the operating system language, or the keyboard language. windows 7 ultimate operating language can be changed, all other versions can no

Not quite true. Professional can as well. Editions below this (home etc.) cannot.

Acer computer bought in Thailand ??

Thai shop you bought it from put the windows 7 ??

When the computer I had came from the Thai shop I had to take it back for them to change to English because they had downloaded the wrong program.

I'm not an expert but most of the windows XP, 7 etc etc are usually copies that's what happen to me anyway and I got hold of a genuine windows now with microsoft everything good.

Many guys on here can help better than me, just wait a bit more.

Yes i bought the computer here in Thailand and it is a bootleg copy. Sounds like the Thai shop i bought it at maybe put the wrong program too. I have my location as Thailand but Selected English language. Still get Thai. I can change somethings do not know what i would be clicking on. thks. No problem with the keyboard language have correct settings.

Believe you are saying the Firefox browser default language is Thai? You should Google the problem as the browser makers feel they know better than us and default to what they believe you should be using when doing install and if downloaded here on computer that says located in Thailand often they install in Thai with no option to change. PIA and may require change of location in Windows to an English speaking country in order to download again and install in English and then return setting to Thailand.

I did google but no real help there. Your idea has merit sounds like a possible fix thank you I live near Fortune Town were i bought it will take back and let them solve it. The laptop is for my Thai daughter and she is real happy with it. Just need to tweak some things.

I did google but no real help there. Your idea has merit sounds like a possible fix thank you I live near Fortune Town were i bought it will take back and let them solve it. The laptop is for my Thai daughter and she is real happy with it. Just need to tweak some things.

I will report back to Thai Visa so everyone will know how to fix this problem.

At the bottom of my Win 7 screen there is a small button to the left of the ?

post-7384-0-57907000-1325536500_thumb.jp

This allows me to swop languages for the keyboard

In my case US English to UK (real) English and get a £ instead of a #

I feel sure the same should work for thai

I came to the conclusion with a similar problem that I had to go on line to Microsoftt and download the language I wanted. Since I could not read Thai to start with I was at a impass so I went to a computer shop I use in Tuk Com, they installed English and removed Thai, what a relief.

Cost B300 and I struggled for 4 hours trying to figure it out before I gave up.