Need A Quieter Exhaust Asap !

wana

bought an old super4 recently (1993) to fix up and play with but the exhaust is an aftermarket one ,sounds great :) but too loud to use in the city :( so i need to silence it somehow becaue the police dont like it much

where in bangkok could i swap it for a stock exhaust or how could i make this one quieter ?

atatched pic of exhaust

It kind of takes the pi55 somewhat when you see buses, trucks driving around with straight thru exhaust systems yet the police do very little about these vehicles keeping people awake at 3am.

I guess at 3am most police officers are sleeping and during the day bikes are easier to pull over and fine, grrrr.

try the bike shops down charon sanitwong.. last year i saw exhausts hanging up.. also maybe K-speed they do cb400 bits. maybe the parts wharehouse at red baron.

or maybe see if you can get that muffler repacked and a db silencer fitted.

Edited by thaicbr

thanks ,will try to get something organised today ,far too many police in bkk for a farang to be riding a bike with a roaring exhaust smile.png

Hi Wana,

congrats for your new toy. My Tiger Boxer makes a great roaring sound too (or may some think it is a gigantic sewing machine), since i removed the airfilterbox and mounted a K&N filter. Combined with the original racing exhaust it is really loud, sometimes i think i will damage my ears on the long term smile.png I always try to keep the throttle closed when i notice policemen. Don't know if any policemen know that the racing exhaust on the Boxer 250 is legal. But until now i had no trouble...

Good luck and many happy riding hours

thanks ,will try to get something organised today ,far too many police in bkk for a farang to be riding a bike with a roaring exhaust smile.png

Hi Wana,

congrats for your new toy. My Tiger Boxer makes a great roaring sound too (or may some think it is a gigantic sewing machine), since i removed the airfilterbox and mounted a K&N filter. Combined with the original racing exhaust it is really loud, sometimes i think i will damage my ears on the long term smile.png I always try to keep the throttle closed when i notice policemen. Don't know if any policemen know that the racing exhaust on the Boxer 250 is legal. But until now i had no trouble...

Good luck and many happy riding hours

thanks mate,good to know the tiger is running well and not giving you grief :)

i bought a 2nd hand er6n as well and done 1000km on it in the last 24hrs ,its last years model but nice and smooth right up to 200+ if you dont mind that much wind in your face :D

whatever pipe is on this cb400 roars like a WRC car when its just coasting through the gears in low RPMS

it came from the sticks so they probably never bothered about the noise out there but in bangkok a fewdays ago i saw a thai guy get his new looking ksr 110cc CONFISCATED (under heavy protest from its owner but the cops were having none of it ) for having illegal/noisy pipe and thought i beter sort this out before it gets expensive sad.png

someone told me DR BIKE up in lad phrao has a pile of old stock exhausts from people putting on after market and dumping their old one"s and he might be happy to switch it for free because he can sell the noisy one for more :)

il try and get one tomorrow somewhere when everthing opens again or maybe get this one packed with some stuff to supress / muffle the decibles

Check to see whether the inside tube is a pipe with holes drilled in it, or an expanded metal tube mesh/holes.

Pipe with holes drilled in it will be about 3 times louder, and wont have very many holes. The expanded mesh type will have consistent holes throughout the entire tubing.

Reducing the size of the exit mouth also quiets things down a bit.

Edited by KRS1