Re-Modeling Prices/

claire2011

Hi all

Can a few people with local experience please give me some ballpark figures for contractor costs ref. a small 25 sqm studio:

- Demolition of a small studio, no built in furniture, no fixtures. Remove 2m inside partition wall, ceiling, floor and bathroom tiles incl. disposal.

- Floor- Tiling per sqm , I provide tile, grouting, but not cement, 40 inch tiles, no special pattern

- Bathroom / Wall - Tiling per sqm, same as above, 10-inch tiles

- Ceiling all new, with alufoil coated topside, sanded, painted and finished per sqm:

- Average Electrical job for a small studio incl. materials and/or with all materials provided.

- Average Plumbing job for small studio labor only. 2 sinks, toilet, shower.

I have been quoted 1000 + per sqm tiling without materials, 500 per sqm for ceiling etc. etc. Seems to be quite high...??

Thanks for constructive feedback and guidance. Any other feedback, pl. don't hold back.

Happy New Year.

CL.

For normal tiling prices per s/m 400 baht is about average.

Your problem is you want the old tiles removed as well, so you are now doubling the work involved.

Have you already bought the materials, if not ask the store you are buying from to give you some quotes.

Failing that, you local motorcycle taxi drivers always know someone, your Thai language skills will dictate what you will be ripped off for.

Another poster mentioned Homepro, all they do is subcontract, charge you for example 800 baht per s/m and then pay someone else 400 baht, nice profit margin.

Your problem is you want the old tiles removed as well, so you are now doubling the work involved.

400 sounds quite high to me. I only used to pay double that in Europe, and they were real professional tilers who achieved a perfect result.

Ripping up old tiles is a doddle and can be done by any idiot with a hammer and cold chisel, for a few hundred Baht a day. No skill required. It certainly doesn't double the work.

You are quite correct, 400 to 450 Baht /SqM to lay tiles, inclusive of labour, sand, cement and grout, obviously the price of tiles would be additional to that that, as would be the removal of old tiles, and i am telling you that from someone who has been building houses here for the last 8 years full time!;)

You are quite correct, 400 to 450 Baht /SqM to lay tiles, inclusive of labour, sand, cement and grout, obviously the price of tiles would be additional to that that, as would be the removal of old tiles, and i am telling you that from someone who has been building houses here for the last 8 years full time!wink.png

Probably explains why houses are so damned expensive here. mad.gif

Thanks so far. There must be some experts out there, that have more detailed info? I am evaluating a job for many rooms and appreciate any help. Thank you, CL.

- Demolition of a small studio, no built in furniture, no fixtures. Remove 2m inside partition wall, ceiling, floor and bathroom tiles incl. disposal.:

- Floor- Tiling per sqm , I provide tile, grouting, but not cement, 40 inch tiles, no special pattern

- Bathroom / Wall - Tiling per sqm, same as above, 10-inch tiles:

- Ceiling all new, with alufoil coated topside, sanded, painted and finished per sqm:

- Average Electrical job for a small studio all materials provided by me:

- Average Plumbing job for small studio labor only. 2 sinks, toilet, shower, all materials provided by me:

You already posted this B o Q one time, people in Pattaya are not construction experts.

If you want to discuss this with experts you should post and ask in the DIY forum. I will move it for you.

Remove 2m inside partition wall,

a couple of thousand, TOPS!

ceiling,

floor and bathroom tiles incl. disposal.

100 - 150 / meter removal

150 baht / meter plus cement

show us a photo of what you would like.

- Average Electrical job for a small studio incl. materials and/or with all materials provided.

This is not specific enough. How many sockets, how many switches, cable tv, phone lines, internet access, above ceiling connections, new electric box, a/c ( yes or no), hot water heaters - how many, kitchen has..? hot pat, microwave, etc., need to know to see how large the electric box and fuses need to be along with the wire size.

Installing sinks is less than 1,000 each... Do you already have the counter top built? The counter top may cost 3 - 4,000 depending on the size.

I have been quoted 1000 + per sqm tiling without materials,

WAY OVER-PRICED

500 per sqm for ceiling etc. etc. Seems to be quite high...??

Way too high as well.

Thanks for constructive feedback and guidance. Any other feedback, pl. don't hold back.

send me a message and I can have an English-speaking Thai call you. He does beautiful work.

Remove 2m inside partition wall,

ceiling,

floor and bathroom tiles incl. disposal.

100 - 150 / meter removal

show us a photo of what you would like.

This is not specific enough. How many sockets, how many switches, cable tv, phone lines, internet access, above ceiling connections, new electric box, a/c ( yes or no), hot water heaters - how many, kitchen has..? hot pat, microwave, etc., need to know to see how large the electric box and fuses need to be along with the wire size.

Installing sinks is less than 1,000 each... Do you already have the counter top built? The counter top may cost 3 - 4,000 depending on the size.

I have been quoted 1000 + per sqm tiling without materials,

WAY OVER-PRICED

Thank you very much for this constructive feedback.jap.gif Would you know of a good GC in the Pattaya area. I have a bunch of rooms to re-model. Thanks again. CL

500 per sqm for ceiling etc. etc. Seems to be quite high...??

Way too high as well.

send me a message and I can have an English-speaking Thai call you. He does beautiful work.